Fruity Loops Mixer Question

zeroday

Summerville, South Carolina, United States
I wasn't sure if this was the right place to post my question. It's DAW-specifc.

I'm working on a new track and I layered my kicks and snares how I wanted and EQ'd and tweaked them all by sending all the samples to seperate channels. Now I want to automate a lowpass cutoff on all of the drums in the song. Problem is, they're all in seperate channels and I can't figure out how to keep them in seperate channels but at the same time group them all in another channel so I can apply a filter to all of them. Is that possible in Fruity's mixer? I tried "Create submix to" to link them to another channel. It worked, but fr some reason, it screwed up the EQ on the instruments...I think.

Any ideas?

You want to send them to a buss. I don't know how to do it as I don't use FL Studio. YouTube is your friend. :)

Route every already layered, ready drum hit to a same channel so you have all drums on one channel and then filter. Choose "Route to only this channel"

At the bottom of each mixer channel there should be a little arrow pointing up. Select your various drum channels and click this arrow on an empty channel, say, channel 15, and do this for for each drum channel, that routes them together to the same channel. Don't forget to take them out of the master bus though.. You can do that in the same way, except you're turning the arrow off on the master bus.

In the mixer, select each drum hit channel in turn and click the arrow under the master channel, and turn the knob on the "Send 1" channel up to 80%.

Apply FL Fast LP or whatever to Send 1, Bob's your uncle.

---------- Post added at 11:00 ---------- Previous post was at 10:59 ----------

I usually choose route only to this channel, that's a one thing why I like FL so much, it is very versatile.

What's this wizardry? Is it what I said, but all in one go?

Yeah I layer already millions of times layered hits in the project again to one mixer track and take all of them into a master drum bus.

It is a right click thing in FL10, you can sidechain with right click too and add a fruity limiter to change the sidechaining parameters in it's comp section.

Back
Top Bottom