first track

Jeffe

Hi!

i just finished my first track and just wanted to get some opinions about it.

I made it with the renoise tracker which i found is not too hard to understand. My only experience with DnB is more than 10 years of listening, nothing else. Its the first thing I made and it has no special techniques in it, just a simple track but I think it sounds ok.

maybe the intro is a little bit too long and the bassline a little bit poor .. but listen yourself and tell me what you think about it!

http://www.file-upload.net/download-415082/fatal-error-on-spaceship-19-LX5.mp3.html

thanx Jeffe

well, since you asked

good points is your use of the atmospheric bits, the rumbling, the bleeps, the string in the middle, capitalize on those bits which seem to come naturally for you.

however, my advice to you is to keep your first track to yourself. and the 50 following too.

this sounds just like what it is, somebodys very first tune, and as such, it is inherently very very weak to put it nicely.

dont know where to start really but it doesnt actually have a snare and the bassline which you so gratuitously understated as 'a bit poor' isnt even a bassline. you could remedy that by adding a snare and a sub under your distorted synth,
but i would bin that 2 note bassline altogether, you know what they say, you cant buff a turd.

Back
Top Bottom