Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Bad.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Please stop this at once.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

DreamcoreDnB

Heya everyone.

Recently, a friend and I have finally released our first Liquid/Uplifting/Trance/"Insert sub genre here" DnB track and would appreciate as much feedback as possible.

We'd also like to see ideas that could possibly enhance our work, as we're new to this.

You can find the track here

Or here :

Many thanks, and let us know what you think! :3

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice melodys but something sounds wrong. Should cut some of the high ends on the instruments, at least on the white sound sweep you do at the build up.

Feels like its something missing aswell, think a fillout bass/piano/guitar in the spectrum missings would fix it.

Hihats are a bit high volume aswell, either lower the volume or use a stereo shaper to put them more on the sides of the track.
Kick and especially snare needs to come out more in the mix aswell, add more punch to snare by layering with a high eq one and boost them in desired frequencys.

Otherwise good, keep working on it!

I think the most important thing to fix is what duckstep said. I feel like you also may have compressed everything way too much. Try removing compressors if you have any. I don't know what else would make everything except high hats sound like it's in a closet. good luck!

The aesthetic is not really my cup of tea.
Beside that, objectively you have a lot of work to do on the mixdown as stated by Nice and Duckstep.
You have a lot of crunch probably coming from frequencies mess up (Easily heared when the kick hits) and you need to make your drums come out of this.
IMO you should restart the mixdown from scratch. You don't seem to have too much element, it should be fast. Rework your drums too. Maybe change your kick or process it differently.
If you are new on the producing field, try to watch some tutorials on sidechaining, compression and EQuing.

Keep it up.

Back
Top Bottom