Finished track - I wont call it Jungle this time - say 170 + instead :)

Really like this, I think you should stick some breaks in after particular sections just to give it a bit more suprise. Great track mate :)

Thanks all , I really like the style of Enei / Dub Phizix - I do know exactly what you mean with breaks to define end of bars/sections etc however i couldn't get them to stand out enough also i think my cpu was going to explode towards the end of the track haha :)

^ Lol I feel 'ya; I worry about that happening w/ my system all the time. A pain to have to do premature mixdowns just to cut on CPU/RAM usage but it does force me to think w/ more foresight on what I'm doing.

Yeah you had a WIP for this up earlier, as a finished track I really like what you've done w/ it. Again, chilled back deep roller, great drum work and variety of subtle sfx, good percussive work. If you were to add in some breaks like the others suggested that'd be cool too, just as long as they went with the flow still. Like I said, it's nice as chilled back sort of roller but too many break chops in there would kinda kill that mood for me personally.

Tight work all around tho; I'll add 'ya on me SC.

^ Lol I feel 'ya; I worry about that happening w/ my system all the time. A pain to have to do premature mixdowns just to cut on CPU/RAM usage but it does force me to think w/ more foresight on what I'm doing.

I, too, know how it is to have your cpu usage getting higher and higher. But by "premature mixdowns", what exactly do you mean? you mixdown the whole track? I usually get the synth that is overloading my system, and just export it, alone, to use as a wav.

^ Lol no not quite that. I mean say you have a rack and you can theoretically stick 5-6 plugins on it to do a bunch of effects work before mixing it down. I can't quite do that if the plug-ins are somewhat taxing so I'm usually forced to use one or two plugins, mixdown, import and apply the rest like that on the new sample.

I know people do that all the time, but I'm forced to at times I'd rather not b/c my system isn't quite a beast. If only I had a better cooling solution and extra 2gb ram it'd likely not be to the degree I have to do it @ times.

Or I can sometimes mix down sections of a track as a backing piece and create a scrap project w/ the stuff I want to work on right then and now to cut down on taxing the CPU, at the cost of only having that one part to work on in that project. At least I can stack more plugins to the busses that way and do more modulation etc.

Just get a better cpu ; )

A 4770k can pretty much handle everything you throw at it.

Edited:

ANd a decent motherboard to go with it that fits your current hardware : ).

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom