Filling an Ipod classic 160 GB

Who can afford 40,000 tunes? :teeth: I use my 160 mainly as an external hard drive these days...

This is so stupid. 40000 songs is an estimate based on mainstream music at a quality that the average joe will find okay. Longer tracks at a higher quality (as they are usually in dnb) simply take up more space — so if you want more songs, reduce those two things. Simple as that.

But 40000 songs is ridiculous. If each song was 5 minutes for example, you'd have to listen to music continuously for nearly 139 days to hear them all. Let's say that realistically you actually listen for 2 hours a day... that's 1668 days (or just over four and a half years) that it would take you to listen to the whole lot. And so if you fill the whole lot right at the beginning and want to hear all of it before you listen to anything else... that's 1668 days until you can put more music on it and start again.

Not only that, but if you're obtaining 40000 tunes legally, you'll be paying for them. Let's say the average tune costs you 50p (some cost be more, some might be free, it's just an average)... so do you have £20000 to spend on music? Probably not since you bought an out of date iPod. And we don't talk about pirating music on here.

How about you put some music on your iPod and when you're done with that, add some more? If you get to 40000 tunes eventually, great. At least this way you you might appreciate individual tunes, pick favourites and re-listen from time to time. Putting 40000 tunes on right now is the dumbest shit I've ever heard and just goes to show that you fell for Apple's stupid marketing number.

Back
Top Bottom