Fanu - A crash course in mixing

Just want to point out this this guide is an excellent read so far and goes into great detail, highlighting many problems you might typically face when mixing together different instruments and dealing with frequencies. Something I've taken from it is the power of saturation and tape distortion often outweighing the need to use as much compression. Many people included myself at times view compression as a means to get a phatter sound, but at the expense of dynamics and this can lead to a lifeless track. I like the fact he includes the use of specific plugins, and a wide range at that for many of the different areas of use. Multiband gating is something I found interesting as I've not actually used one before.

Thanks for sharing this. We've had over 1,500 downloads now. I hope you can find some good ideas in it :)

Was super busy in the week to say anything, but really, thanks to all who have grabbed this. There's been over 1,6K downloads, which makes me happy. Also got thumbs up from Izotope as well, which feels good, as I love their products in my work.

It was literally on my to-do list for a long, long time to write about mixing. And even this is a pretty particular guide instead of trying to be a general one covering a lot of ground, but TBH I probably couldn't set myself to write a 200-pager bible, but I hope you got some good tips out of this one – guide like this has been requested so many times. Just wanted to give something back!

I'm trying to write more free content for my blog in 2017 if I have a little more time in my hands.

Back
Top Bottom