Equipment advice: CDJ's

tobybrown1988

:lighter:I want to start doing a bit of casual bedroom DJ-ing, so im going to buy some CDJ's. I've settled on the Pioneer CDJ-400's. Slight problem though - they're very expensive! Im thinking of buying them second hand from the US version of an online auction site to cut costs. But I have a few questions:

:-/Is it advisable to buy them second hand?

:-/Is it advisable to buy them second hand over the internet?

:-/Is it advisable to buy them second hand from a different country online?

:-/Is it legal to import electronics like this from a different country? Is there anyway I can avoid paying any annoying taxes/duties? (Like requesting that it is sent 'as a gift')

Note:
- I dont want vinyl decks - I want CDJ's
- I chose Pioneer for quality
- I chose the 400's because they are the cheapest model with scratch mode (which i want)
-Im looking to spend up to £800, even second hand, so is it worth the risk buying it online

Any help would be much appreciated, cheers peeps

Peace:lighter:

youre gonna always have to pay duty on overseas packages, if its ebay seller look at seller ratings and such, you dont want to get them and not be satisfied with the decks, returning them will be a nightmare

i know you dont want turntables but if you have 800 then thats enough to get 2nd hand technics + traktor/serato which is a much better set up that cdj-400s

but thats just my opinion

I got 2 CDJ800MK2's for £660 on ebay, look out for some good deals on there. I wouldn't advise going below the 800's. They are much better than the 400's...

Back
Top Bottom