EMU Sampler help.

MLT

Hi can someone help an EMU noob out with a few questions?

I won an auction last night for a 6400 ultra and now have been searching for some basic anwers to get it up and running.

How do i go about hooking it up? - Balanced 1/4" from emus main output into the inputs on my mackie blackjack?

Once that's hooked up is it just as simple as setting up an external software instrument track inside logic pro and selecting the inputs of the sound-card and boom i should have sound?

I have a M-Audio Oxygen 25 USB.
This USB Midi Keybaord has no MIDI out, is it possible to use it via Logic Pro to control/automate settings of the emu ie filter cut off.
Will it be able to play the sounds loaded into the EMU across the keyboard?

This EMU i have been told comes loaded with EOS 4.6 as i would like to install a Aztec Monster CF Reader as soon as possible for data transfer. I am under the impression that i would need to be on 4.7 for this to work? Can anyone confirm? http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/261612851648?_trksid=p2060778.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT
Do i need anything else to get this to work ie ribbon cable, power cable?

Any help with these questions would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

MLT

i have one, but im going to have to be brief as i just fallen and it really hurts. yes, first of all. yes to your whole theory, its as simple as that. plug it in with a standard midi cable and create tracks for it in logic as you would with anything else on that midi channel, and as for the audio it needs audio in for sampling and audio out to speakers and soundcard respectively, as i like to be able to work with my emu even if the computer is off. you have to turn off the send, so you dont get feedback, i know it sounds silly, but it took me weeks to figure that one out. words cannot describe how much i love my emu.

it plays samples across the keyboard in preview mode and then depending on how you set up your sample, from the the the standard settings, to how you can make very complex layered settings for the keyboard mapping. i used to have the filter cutoff on midi cc 108 and the res on 110, linked to knobs on my midi controller.

dont know what the rest is, but i use an SCSI e-z drive with 200 mb disks for storage haha, space age technology

Thanks for you help. Looks like I might need a new midi controllers as my one does not have midi in or out.

but it has some way of sending midi cc though, right?

Oxygen_25.jpg

That's the keyboard i currently have.

Anyone know if i plug one of these into the midi on the EMU and connect direct to my computer will allow the above controller to control the EMU via Logic? http://www.thomann.de/gb/emu_xmidi_1x1.htm?sid=a2612c98b8a82caa2889397940b1f048
Any midi controller will work with the emu mate..that is any midi co troller that's able to configure its knobs ..Giggidy .
You can use midi out from sound card with a midi cable straight to the emu ...or if u get a keyboard with midi out then u can use that.
Thing with the emu is that you have to assign the midi cc yourself ...so that m audio keyboard u already have will work fine ..

- - - Updated - - -

Actually just read that u have a Makie blackjack which doesn't seem to have midi outs ...so I see your predicament ...yeah I imagine that cable is what you will need .

Any midi controller will work with the emu mate..that is any midi co troller that's able to configure its knobs ..Giggidy .
You can use midi out from sound card with a midi cable straight to the emu ...or if u get a keyboard with midi out then u can use that.
Thing with the emu is that you have to assign the midi cc yourself ...so that m audio keyboard u already have will work fine ..

- - - Updated - - -

Actually just read that u have a Makie blackjack which doesn't seem to have midi outs ...so I see your predicament ...yeah I imagine that cable is what you will need .

In my head this method should work. That cable plugged into my mac should allow Logic to transmit midi data to and from the EMU meaning i can draw in midi notes and that will trigger the emu? Not sure if it will allow my Oxygen 25 to 'play' the notes though.

Guess ill have to buy one and find out.

Back
Top Bottom