Eastcolors - Lighthouse (Debut album) + FREE TRACK

demandrecords

First the important thing ;) There's a free track (Dreams VIP) up on Eastcolors Facebook Fanpage. Before anyone asks, no you don't need to like the page (but if you're there, why not give him a like?) and yes you can download the track without facebook. All you got to do is subscribe with a name & email. Promise your details won't be misused!

Secondly the debut album from Eastcolors is now available on all good digital stores for example:
http://bit.ly/lighthouse-demandstore
http://bit.ly/lighthouse-junodownloads
http://bit.ly/lighthouse-beatport
http://bit.ly/lighthouse-itunes

Description:
----------------
After starting to produce almost a decade ago and steadily releasing music since 2010, Eastcolors has
worked with some of drum & bass’ finest talents including Enei, Clarity and with big upcoming names
such as Traffic & Noel. Often an unsung hero of the scene, Eastcolors’ debut album on Demand
Records sees him rise as one of Russia's forefront producers. “Lighthouse” is without doubt one of
2015’s most honest and diverse albums of the year, covering drum & bass and beyond in a versatile
and uncompromising way only Eastcolors can. A vision of a young artist’s music translated into a
magnificent 16 track journey, this LP is the rare type of release that’s enough to satisfy serious music
fans, producers and DJs worldwide. It’s about time the world woke up to Eastcolors.

All of you waiting for a physical product, we had to push the digital this way because there's lots of albums coming out in the next couple weeks to secure some good spots on digital stores, unfortunately as the vinyl delayed massively. It should be out mid June tho!

Hope you lot like it. :)

Thanks for posting mark :)

The whole thing is available for pre-order now as well on our own store for 13£: http://bit.ly/lighthouse-vinyl
A. Eastcolors - Lighthouse Feat. MC Fava (45rpm)
B1. Eastcolors - Caught Up Feat MC Mota (33rpm)
B2. Eastcolors - Using Time (33rpm)
C. Eastcolors, Traffic & Noel - Dreams VIP (45rpm)
D1. Eastcolors - You & Me (33rpm)
D2. Eastcolors Feat. LaMeduza - Groza (Formally Unknown Remix) (33rpm)
And includes a shrink wrapped CD with all 16 tracks from the album. Full cover artwork on both CD & Vinyl.

Hope you guys like :)

Thanks for posting mark :)

The whole thing is available for pre-order now as well on our own store for 13£: http://bit.ly/lighthouse-vinyl
A. Eastcolors - Lighthouse Feat. MC Fava (45rpm)
B1. Eastcolors - Caught Up Feat MC Mota (33rpm)
B2. Eastcolors - Using Time (33rpm)
C. Eastcolors, Traffic & Noel - Dreams VIP (45rpm)
D1. Eastcolors - You & Me (33rpm)
D2. Eastcolors Feat. LaMeduza - Groza (Formally Unknown Remix) (33rpm)
And includes a shrink wrapped CD with all 16 tracks from the album. Full cover artwork on both CD & Vinyl.

Hope you guys like :)
Mint album, CD included and nice formating with the vinyl , will bag this for sure.

Just listening through....so gutted Everything You Need didn't make the cut on the vinyl, its the best tune on there for me!! A follow-up vinyl with this and To Start From the Beginning would be sick. A collectors 10" or something (you know it would Carlos ;) )

Just listening through....so gutted Everything You Need didn't make the cut on the vinyl, its the best tune on there for me!! A follow-up vinyl with this and To Start From the Beginning would be sick. A collectors 10" or something (you know it would Carlos ;) )

I'm afraid that won't make much sense really. There needs to be a bit what of demand for these single tracks to press something and neither of the both 2 tracks mentioned did really sell exceptionally well on digi formats which indicates that there isn't mate. Best selling tracks are Dreams VIP (even tho it's a free download), Caught Up and the Chords Remix. A 10'' is only a fraction cheaper than a 12'' anyway. As well our last 4-5 releases didn't break even, so we honestly can't justify that. :(
As well it takes 4 months (previously 3 months) now from mastering to full release which is just (in our opinion) too much time before tunes are worn out that's why we can't let you guys vote for it. Especially with a project like this, it needs to be fresh & exciting. Heard 3 months before the actual tracks are out isn't an option I'm afraid.

Let me make this clear I've put lots & lots of money into our vinyl releases (which I didn't get back) so we can all enjoy it on this great format. With a bit of human sense, if anything we should do is less and less vinyl I'm afraid. But we're working on new series as we speak and it should pop up soon after summer.

Peace,
Carlos

I'm afraid that won't make much sense really. There needs to be a bit what of demand for these single tracks to press something and neither of the both 2 tracks mentioned did really sell exceptionally well on digi formats which indicates that there isn't mate. Best selling tracks are Dreams VIP (even tho it's a free download), Caught Up and the Chords Remix. A 10'' is only a fraction cheaper than a 12'' anyway. As well our last 4-5 releases didn't break even, so we honestly can't justify that. :(
As well it takes 4 months (previously 3 months) now from mastering to full release which is just (in our opinion) too much time before tunes are worn out that's why we can't let you guys vote for it. Especially with a project like this, it needs to be fresh & exciting. Heard 3 months before the actual tracks are out isn't an option I'm afraid.

Let me make this clear I've put lots & lots of money into our vinyl releases (which I didn't get back) so we can all enjoy it on this great format. With a bit of human sense, if anything we should do is less and less vinyl I'm afraid. But we're working on new series as we speak and it should pop up soon after summer.

Peace,
Carlos
I appreciate your candor on this Carlos - to be honest my suggestion about a follow-up vinyl was more wishful thinking than anything haha. I can imagine working out what tunes to press on a project like this is hard work, and is impossible to cater to everyone.

I can't help but think this whole 'beatport exclusive for 2 weeks' business, before the digital release for a month before the vinyl appears is just putting another big dent in the vinyl sales (don't get me wrong, I am aware of the well documented issues with getting releases pressed these days). If the vinyl and CD bundle was the first available product for this release for 2 weeks, do you think more would sell? I bet ya they would.

Pretty much all of the vinyl releases are popping up a few weeks after the digital is available lately, which is backwards to me - but it must be very hard setting release dates when the vinyl production process is so tactile, and I bet it would drive you nuts when you are trying to be an integral part of the vinyl releases available in D&B these days.

In the end, its just the sign of the times - it just sucks to see a few things working against record production because of how the industry is now. No one wants to wait for anything, or pay for anything. For now, those of us that do support the format will do our best to make it worth your while to keep producing it :)

I can't help but think this whole 'beatport exclusive for 2 weeks' business, before the digital release for a month before the vinyl appears is just putting another big dent in the vinyl sales (don't get me wrong, I am aware of the well documented issues with getting releases pressed these days).

But that ain't the case really is it? not with our last 3 releases. not with most labels that still push vinyl. Most people really launch it the same time. As well I don't like to favour one store over another, we never did that. You know those label that do release vinyl after digital know that they will still break it even if they'll release it after that, just out of demand. people ask for that stuff and artists are hyped. (playaz with hazard, viper with prototypes i.E.)

Pretty much all of the vinyl releases are popping up a few weeks after the digital is available lately, which is backwards to me - but it must be very hard setting release dates when the vinyl production process is so tactile, and I bet it would drive you nuts when you are trying to be an integral part of the vinyl releases available in D&B these days.

That is only because of these days delays. I give you an example. We gave the TP OK for this album on 14th April and the release is now Monday 29th June. That's 10 weeks later! 6 weeks is the usual, that's why we planned for 1st June given it an extra week.
We could have shifted it to 29th June, but that would have ment we were the last album to be released in this stream of albums, with Prototypes, BCee, Lynx, Spectrasoul, Marky (I'm sure I missed some) etc. huge competition you don't want to end up competing on digital stores with featurings and in the end, THAT'S where you make it or break it!

If the vinyl and CD bundle was the first available product for this release for 2 weeks, do you think more would sell? I bet ya they would.

Maybe, maybe not who knows (I bet you it wouldn't be more than 20 for us mate). Anyway we had to choose digital over pushing vinyl & cd, reasons state above. Keep in mind tho this is not the usual. We still tend to release both the same time if possible!

lighthouse.jpg

Arrived late last week! :)
Get your copies here: http://bit.ly/lighthouse-vinyl or support your local record store!

Back
Top Bottom