Earplugs

I won't go near the sound system without my plugs in. Although Nine Bar is soo clean, which I think means it can be louder without damage.

It's loud harsh, untuned systems that worry me most (and used to hurt most before earplugs).

This is a complete urban myth! All loud music and sounds will give you hearing damage. It doesn't matter how "well tuned" it is.

This is a complete urban myth! All loud music and sounds will give you hearing damage. It doesn't matter how "well tuned" it is.

It won't give me hearing damage cos I always use earplus.

I'm sure that harsh soundsystems are worse than a well tuned one, and they are often played too loud because they ain't got the power.

I've heard many poor systems, pumping on full volume, and said I can't stay in this room cos my ears will be damaged.

What I mean is, well tuned sound systems can be played quieter and still have bass impact. I do know that all sounds over a certain level can damage hearing, which I why I wear earplus and encourage everyone to.

Last edited:
Can't recommend the Elacin ER-20s enough.

Sound in the club is perfect - just quieter, not muffled. I know a few people who siffer tinitus and trust, its not worth throwing your hearing away.

Keep you levels low when monitoring because it saves your hearing and increases your productivity as your ears suffer less loop fatigue.

I think I mentioned this before in a thread about earplugs but its worth knowing if you think you're hearing will be perfect for the rest of your life regardless of how many times you dance for hours next to Valve basscones! Hearing sounds over 80dB does permanent damage to your ears and thats not really a lot. When you think that most clubs and live music events will be around 140dB and you're exposing your ears to that level of noise for hours on end thats a pretty scary thought. Its even scarier when you think that the average adult ear drum will explode when exposed to levels of 180dB as that gives you some perspective as to how bad 140dB really is! Earplugs should be an essential purchase for just about everyone and as far as I know the ER-20's are about the best you can get. Fight that tinnitus people :twitch:

I think he was trying to say something along the lines of top-heavy systems with too much treble will obviously cane your hearing worse than one with a flatter response.

My father has industrial deafness just from working round machines, in an environment where you do have to talk loud to be heard, but not yell in someones ears like clubs!

No tinnitus, he just has trouble when there's a lot going on, ie. several conversations at once and he has to concentrate on one.

I guess it doesn't take much at all, over a period of time

he just has trouble when there's a lot going on, ie. several conversations at once and he has to concentrate on one.

I had that at 18.

Sort of annoying, I always turned to real loud music as an escape. Would have been better off with scag.

Now, the noise from a pc annoys me so much I usually wear earplugs so I don't hear the fan.

www.audiorelief.co.uk/shop

I wouldnt go near a rig without them now, ive had my custome plugs for 2 years. First i had a pair of ER20's liked the sound off them,i found that they cleaned out the dodgy frequency's that gave me ringing ears. When it was time to replace them i moved on to custome.

THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THEM IS MASSIVE!
mainly because the custome plugs are so comfortable, and can be worn for hours..

FUCKING SICK

I now use ER9'S to play in and ER15's when in noisy enviroments

people please get on this, it is an issue that must be addressed

Pzzzzz

Ash mx...

Back
Top Bottom