Drum Machines

Nosta

I've been looking at some drum machines plugins battery, guru etc.. just wanted to know if there are any other good ones out there that anybody recommends?
and whats do you prefer to use a vitual drum machine or work with the audio directly??
:)

Nooby nuts me uses Battery. I never hook it up with multiple outs and write a whole drum track in it tho.

Just use it as a quick and easy way to audition/edit/modulate single hits and then render them to audio and sequence that.

Battery has a good sample library IMO.

But then again you could buy a drum sample pack and use a free sampler (or one that comes with your DAW) for a lot cheaper. Battery isn't at all that impressive as a plugin to my experience. You can do all that in a regular sampler as well. Of course it looks a lot more like an MPC if that's your cuppa.

Nice one, I was just wandering what others thought about them.. I can't get one with ultrabeat in logic and was looking at others.

Nooby nuts me uses Battery.

By far the most impressive I've encountered. It is very Mpc like in the way you can manipulate the internal routing and if you have an Mpc, it creates a great editor before rendering down and recording it too the sampler. Reason is worth a mention here too. You get so many drum options and the sounds available are easily available. Kontakt like Battery has weight, so would have to put that up even though its not a dedicated drum sampler.

I'm still waiting for the day I can get my hands on an EMU SP1200... life will be complete then.

Back
Top Bottom