Drum fill question

Krispy

VIP Junglist
Hey, probably a super simple question for anyone remotely experienced in drums...

Does anybody know what notes or what is happening on the drum roll at 0:06?

It almost sounds like a few snares in a row pitched down or something? I would just like to figure out how to make those types of things on my own.

Thanks

it can be what you think, you need the samples with fast attack, shot decay and also set them to cut themselves so they won´t overlap
... or maybe it can be some sort of well timed delay ???

So I found the answer for my question myself and maybe this might be helpful to anyone who wants to create a variety of their own drum fills. Super simple and creative and fast solution

They say every DAW has its advantages, and I wish mine had this, sick little video, I usually cut up a loop and add effects on the end

my pleasure homeboy, let me know if there is anything else you are looking for... I've basically opened up my 18 years of sample collection to anyone interested

yes mate thank you, I saw your massive preset post, il 100% bag that so I can reverse engineer them and learn more about massive and how it works

So I found the answer for my question myself and maybe this might be helpful to anyone who wants to create a variety of their own drum fills. Super simple and creative and fast solution

I was messing around in Logic to see if I could do this, and it I managed to get it going.
As long as you have a sampler, a bunch of tom samples you like, and a MIDI FX arp generator, you should be able to do this same thing, regardless of what DAW you are using.
Link to the screenshot for the Logic setup here

Back
Top Bottom