doubling up #2

hektik

question, especialy 2 u, klusta -

i'm wondering all the time how to build a hiphop beat with two copies of a drum n bass vinyl. scratching such a beat with ONE copy worx, but what the guys do with funk and 80's pop (see spinbad) must also work with DNB - using two copies and doubling them, in combination with stopping them each crossed, for miliseconds.

fukkin how - exactly?

sum combination of strobing, juggling and scratchin - dunno the name and the method...

hektik said:
question, especialy 2 u, klusta -

i'm wondering all the time how to build a hiphop beat with two copies of a drum n bass vinyl. scratching such a beat with ONE copy worx, but what the guys do with funk and 80's pop (see spinbad) must also work with DNB - using two copies and doubling them, in combination with stopping them each crossed, for miliseconds.

fukkin how - exactly?

sum combination of strobing, juggling and scratchin - dunno the name and the method...
thats exactly wot it is i think

its fookin difficult, I see the first bit is to create a half speed dnb beat (similar tempo to to hip hop) by patting the record inbetween a kick and snare.......need to be clean i.e. no tune just beats. Only thing is with there being so many hi hats it does sound a touch messy even if u get it spot on.

All this on one copy is done witht he fader open whilst your cueing up the next section on the second record, then flip 2 the second copy and repeat.

It's more of an advanced form of juggling. Torque of Vestax helps u out alot.

Hope this helps

The precision of the beats in dnb makes it twice as hard to do all this shit i reckon.
Been trying for years!

Back
Top Bottom