Doing dnb remixes of songs - bpm

duckstep

So looking around after songs to use i know i need to have my remix played in 170-175 bpm and some of the songs i check out they have original tempo of as low as 100 bpm, how do you solve this when doing your remixes?

Tactic i've been using is trying to speed up/slow down playspeed of the clip to fit 175 but sometimes it completly rapes the song when you do that, so how do you solve this problem?

Time stretching is the best thing to do... you just need to decide whether to stretch to 85 or 170 bpm, and you also need a good time-stretching algorithm.. I use Sony Acid's 'best quality' one and its very good.

Another method I sometimes use is to chop up samples manually and play them on a sampler.. this is pretty tedious though and takes time. On the other hand you could use recycle to automatically chop up a sample and play it back at the desired tempo, its essentially the same thing just quicker, but can sometimes give rough results.

this might actually help me a bit, i see what your saying like to round off the bpm but i'm trying to remix a song that is originally 144 and i want to change it to 185 how would i do that?

Depends on your daw of course as some work with audio differently.. If you get to far off, your gonna have to do some serious chopping..

Back
Top Bottom