DNBFORUM RADIO & MORE

thanks for the info :)
and yeh we are a long way away from picking slots for people to be honest.
just needing to know what needs to be bought and sorted out for it to happen atm.

Chloe I have a server for 10 month on fat cow unlimited bandwidth ...just needs a domain name. You can have it . You just need someon in teh know to set up several insrtances of shoutcast server so we can have a load of listeners I think....I did have a 3 month contract on a shoutcats server...50 listeners @192 and that was abut 60 quid.

Its simple, this stuff don't pay for itself at all, I am willing to support it, but I know organising 20 Dj's to log in and out on time is gonna be a lot of work. DJ's are a special kind of stupid. they forget how to stream, what their names is, they decide they can't be arsed. Its a thankless task, but don't let that put you off.

basically won't happen on your own.

thanks karl, ill get in touch with you then :)
if all we need is a shoutcast server then?

Not even sure if you need that . You would need to check with the server provider....after all you don't need VPN's proxies and all kinds of mirror shit going on like I do. The source of your audio does not need to be untraceable.....for me there are 3-4 servers / proxies in 3 different countries.... you need none of that.....so I reckon it is possible ...just need to check with tech support ( but lets not discuss where that is here) ...PS : nothing naughty happening at my studio anyway..so any visits will bounce straight back to their SOURCE....

I have been through this all before Chloe. If you manage to get stu or triple m to agree then your a lucky person. Basicly, from what I gathered... If there is going to be a forum radio then they want to be involved. They don't have the time so therefore they don't want one set up in their name. A little bit of advice Chloe. Calm down with trying to set up tons of stuff under the forum name, just be respectful of what they have set up and what they want to do with their site. End of the day, it's their brand.

If you do manage to get them to agree I'll be more than willing to give you the info on how to set a station up.

My suggestion would be to have a gander at the post I done which Riisu posted.

Good luck with it though.

yeh i have mate, they have no problems with the podcast and the competitions
so i dont get why your telling me to " calm down ".
If anything they've thanked me for all the work ive put in as well as toejam.

if they dont agree to haev the forum name on it, itll be under another name.
and we pretty much have everything sorted for it. so its all good.

would love to see this happen, a good way to support the radio costs would be through the site donations

ive set one up before, its pretty easy... but costs shit loads for a fast server and big bandwidth. you dont wanna server where it has to buff every 2 mins to catch up. if you want any details give me a pm or summin :)

ive set one up before, its pretty easy... but costs shit loads for a fast server and big bandwidth. you dont wanna server where it has to buff every 2 mins to catch up. if you want any details give me a pm or summin :)
thats wicked man, if you want to help and be part of this, would be great, i do not want this to be "my" thing, i want all the djs to be part of it and run it.

Think itd be great to have all the djs of the forum to have a slot on this and listen to them every week.

gonna be speaking with triple m on msn tomorrow to sort out the podcast and put them on itunes thru the forum and talk about the radio. :)

yep, the site is done. but need to wait til he gets his paycheck so he can buy the addons for the radio, so unfortunatly gonna have to wait til he gets enough money.
Unless people want to donate.

yep, the site is done. but need to wait til he gets his paycheck so he can buy the addons for the radio, so unfortunatly gonna have to wait til he gets enough money.
Unless people want to donate.

maybe a £5 from all the dj's, hardly breakin the bank is it? ps... just PM'd ya!

maybe a £5 from all the dj's, hardly breakin the bank is it? ps... just PM'd ya!

Well yeh obvioulsy that would really help the both of us that are sorting this out. I didnt ask for money from anyone because i didnt want it to be like " right i need money for the radio to work" i didnt think it sounded right.

But if anyone wants to donate..thatd help luke out a lot, a lot of the addons cost a bit of money like the chatbox and etc.

Its up to you guys tho, without the money just means itll have to wait even longer

im not sure man, id have to ask luke how he wants donations.
See if if he wants me to set something up or if he wants to do it.
Depends how many people want to donate as well.

Like i said yesterday, at the end of the day. If he's going to be paying for the whole radio by himself, its gonna be a while til its up, since hes gotta put money aside.

set up a paypal...on other stations i have played on we have had to pay a fiver a month subs for our air time...which isnt alot at all...if ya a resident maybe a sub should be paid...jus for running costs, a fiver for 4 hours air time a month isnt really breaking the bank now is it?

but its up to you, i am willing to cough up...

set up a paypal...on other stations i have played on we have had to pay a fiver a month subs for our air time...which isnt alot at all...if ya a resident maybe a sub should be paid...jus for running costs, a fiver for 4 hours air time a month isnt really breaking the bank now is it?

but its up to you, i am willing to cough up...

mmm yeh i see where your going with this, what about £1.50 per dj per month or something ???

I think £5 a month right now is a good idea since we dont know how well the radio will be running.

Just a thought, waiting to see what the others think, but thanks joey for letting me know about that, think that could be a good idea.

Back
Top Bottom