Dj's Missing off Tape/CD packs

charlie89

I think we've all come to terms with the fact that were not going to see Andy C's set on the tape/cd pack of any events we've been to, but iv just checked out the Warning 17th Birthday sets and its missing both the Friction and Hype sets aswell as Andy's. Dont get me wrong im not one of these wankers who only goes raving to see the big name dj's just wish the packs would reflect the whole event.

dunno why andy c's set is missing to be honest - he dropped a fairly standard set in this instance (imo), but as for the others the break b2b die set more than makes up for it! realize its a bit of a generalization but most of hypes exclusives he normally drops on his show anyway, and at a stretch maybe the same for friction now? really dont get the issue but meh! maybe its promoters putting big names to get more/encourage ticket sales instead of cd pack sales, as in the case for warning the mp3's are much cheaper and maybe more convenient for most people. frictions been missing for a while now off most packs.
But yeah you're definitely right about reflection of the event as a whole! Recently i think promoters have been going into overdrive, theres like an event for each group of promoters each month now, getting a bit too much, seems everyones got a bit greedy, and its not so much for the love of the scene anymore, see so many recycled lineups across the board eg. hazard, subzero, drumsound bassline smith, grooverider on every bill. With so many events it makes the sets seem stale and backward, when in some cases they arent.
Bit of a jumbled statement but i hope you get my drift

Last edited:
break and die did a poor set i about fell asleep so did grooverider. Andy C and Hypes set was huge. What i dont understand is andy dont get his sets recorded yet hes the number one dj surely he would be the most wanted on packs its just stupid. I was well looking forward to listening to his set again

I blame these promoters also there is no excuse not to have hype on the pack. Infact all the main heads have been taken off, Andy C Friction Hype FAIL

Last edited:
There was a thread about it along time ago and it boils down to the amount of dubplates they play. See they get dubs months before they even put out a clip sometimes so if you are rinsing the latest andy c set and hearing that "dubplate" months before the release then by time it gets a release everyone is sick of hearing it and it brings the sales down for the track.

this also brings argument tho because im sure i didnt hear any dubplates on andys set at warning but yet he's still not on the pack?

Another agrgument is they dont see any money from cd pack sales but i cant see Andy Friction or Hype pissing off there fans for a small percentage. Im sure they would prefer there fans to be able to listen to there sets

maybe they just dont want their sets recorded anymore

Last edited:
If it hadn't taken 2 fucking years for them to release a tune, then it wouldn't really matter, would it? Anyways hearing a dub in a mix more likely attracts people rather than putting them off. I hope there's at least another Nightlife lined for the release soon.

But Friction hasn't really got any dubs in those dancefloory sets has he? He just plays Sigma and his UKF style friendly stuff that no one would rob anyay. I just don't see why there's a problem when there's always an mc chatting over the music. You're surprised they're not worried about someone carrying around a fucking tape recorder in the rave lol catching distorted dubs.

If it hadn't taken 2 fucking years for them to release a tune, then it wouldn't really matter, would it? Anyways hearing a dub in a mix more likely attracts people rather than putting them off. I hope there's at least another Nightlife lined for the release soon.

I agree with what you are saying.

This is how i see it bare with me...

Say you are listening to an andy c set and he is rinsing (An average dubplate) thats set for a late release then two weeks later you hear him rinsing (a fairly better dubplate) thats set for an earlier release then you would tend to forget about the average dubplate to go get the fairly better one with a closer release date.

I remember ages ago hearing Bassface Sascha - International Sound on a set and couldnt wait to get it but the release took so long and id rinsed it that much that i didnt even buy it in the end.

I think another agrgument also is they dont see any money from cd pack sales

---------- Post added at 23:57 ---------- Previous post was at 23:52 ----------

But Friction hasn't really got any dubs in those dancefloory sets has he? He just plays Sigma and his UKF style friendly stuff that no one would rob anyay. I just don't see why there's a problem when there's always an mc chatting over the music. You're surprised they're not worried about someone carrying around a fucking tape recorder in the rave lol catching distorted dubs.

Friction will probably have the most dubplates now he's doing Radio 1. That aside he played UKF style stuff at warning plus the odd dubplate here and there. People record sets all the time at raves but its not quite the same quality as having them on a proper recording done through an event

Last edited:
It seems lame but based on how Dagz put it is in many ways understandable.

As long as I can hear Brockie/Micky Finn/Nicky Blackmarket/Logan D sets im not too bothered and I doubt these guys would be taken off lol

wow i do babble on sometimes

I dare someone to msg Andy and ask him why he's not on packs anymore because at the minute all above are just rumors and id really like a solid answer to this mystery

ps forgive my editing and bad spelling in this thread.

Well I catch your drift there, but ultimately all this comes down to the personal taste of each one of us. You say average dubplate, some may say wicked dubplate and vice versa. That's why I'd say hearing a dubplate in a set will more likely attract people to buy it than push them off. At least I'm more likely to buy a tune I've heard in some mix and loved for a month or so than a tune I've only heard a soundcloud clip of 2 weeks before the actual release date.

Wasnt the reason why Andy C stopped allowing his sets to be recorded was because of his Nightlife CDs.... basically... if you hear him on a tape pack why would you buy the CD!?

Also... if any of you guys have put on nights before you will see that in most big name contracts it usually says you cant record sets unless you pay extra up front and even then... only if the DJ is ok with it.

just out of interest do dj's get any say in who mc's over their sets? personally think andy c + gq, friction + eksman and hype + ic3 go very well, and for that matter sly + SDC :teeth: but yeah it doesnt need to be said that 75% of mc's out there completely ruin sets.

just out of interest do dj's get any say in who mc's over their sets? personally think andy c + gq, friction + eksman and hype + ic3 go very well, and for that matter sly + SDC :teeth: but yeah it doesnt need to be said that 75% of mc's out there completely ruin sets.

Some do request certain mc's..............and I see it happening a lot of late.
If you want to hear the best of Hazard, Stick him with Bassman or Bassman & Trigga... Check the inno in the dam set for proof...

Back
Top Bottom