DJ Sly - Monkey Fist (Guv Remix)

Fuck knows I like Water Technique dunno why though. Anyway Guv's some big black man, don't mess snm. lol

Dick head, shows your ignorance, if Guv is a big black man you must be 2'6"

would take this over a number of Ram / Shogun releases anyday, LET IT BEGIN!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I think you're missing the point, it's that he's constantly making throwaway shit that has no musical credibility whatsoever

i dont get this point of view personally... i like hearing new bits at raves, who cares if it doesnt have a long shelf life... wheres this rule book saying that long shelf life = musical credibility?

for me, dissing jamp ap, is like dissing punk as a 'lesser' rock music

would take this over a number of Ram / Shogun releases anyday, LET IT BEGIN!!!!!

Amen to that

Edit: Ram is still my favourite record label despite the latest releases

Last edited:
Dick head, shows your ignorance, if Guv is a big black man you must be 2'6"

oh yeah ill agree with that lol, still prefer a throwaway two tune jumpup tune to yet more hoover bass.

i dont get this point of view personally... i like hearing new bits at raves, who cares if it doesnt have a long shelf life... wheres this rule book saying that long shelf life = musical credibility?

for me, dissing jamp ap, is like dissing punk as a 'lesser' rock music

Fair enough. I see where you're coming from & yeah I like hearing new bits/VIPs etc but what I don't like about jump up is that it's all just throwaway music, beats come & are forgotten about so quickly.

At the end of the day I was making a point that I don't like Guvs tunes. Not dissing jump up in general. I mean the verdict isn't Mozart but its a good tune. My point was that there is nothing that I can see that is good about that tune!

Theres a reason Hazard doesnt play any Guv ;) now tunes like Tyke - Abominable Vibes.. :slayer:

orly, check the recent 'in the dam' hazard set, note this group of tracks:
PA - Para People
T.I - Dark Age
Hazard - Badman/Gutter?
T.I - Freak
Tyke? - ???
Break - Something New
Emeli Sandé - Heaven (Nu:Tone Remix)
Sub Zero - Your Flex

most of those are light & minimal like this guv, especially T.I - Freak, just not with the weird creeky robot noise

orly, check the recent 'in the dam' hazard set, note this group of tracks:
PA - Para People
T.I - Dark Age
Hazard - Badman/Gutter?
T.I - Freak
Tyke? - ???
Break - Something New
Emeli Sandé - Heaven (Nu:Tone Remix)
Sub Zero - Your Flex

most of those are light & minimal like this guv, especially T.I - Freak, just not with the weird creeky robot noise

only far better produced

5000th post..brb making a thread about it.... naaaah

Last edited:
That's what i love about forums. People claim to follow the music, but rather than promote something they like and be positive and move forward, people choose to speak about what they dislike and gather troops to agree holding the whole scene backwards and unable to develop. We never learn

That's what i love about forums. People claim to follow the music, but rather than promote something they like and be positive and move forward, people choose to speak about what they dislike and gather troops to agree holding the whole scene backwards and unable to develop. We never learn

People do both on forums, its just easier/popular for people to hate on jumpup for recycling simple two tone synth patterns. Though I very much doubt Guv cares as his tunes are obviously very popular with the jamp ap scene and the Kool family!

I dont believe forums hold anything back, as theres lots of positive posting about tunes on this forum too.

People do both on forums, its just easier/popular for people to hate on jumpup for recycling simple two tone synth patterns. Though I very much doubt Guv cares as his tunes are obviously very popular with the jamp ap scene and the Kool family!

I dont believe forums hold anything back, as theres lots of positive posting about tunes on this forum too.

the point is though... you dont see me going into liquid / tech / jungle / dark tune threads and dissing em, so why do people feel the need to do it to jamp ap?

ps. from now on, i will do my utmost to post bullshit in other sub-genre threads to balance things out

yea that is true people who like jump up tend to stay out of other types of tunes threads
i like jump up but this tune is shite.lol

Yeah but i find it funny that these people hate on it like their the drum and bass guardians preserving the integrity of the music. Get off your high horses

you'll never hear the man play a Sly tune now either haha, doubt Sly even sends them to him

hazard was playing sly bits a few years ago, frozen planet & yin yang sect were originally going to be on radius and he also played 'the oz' which came out on his alias 'billy the kid' on g13...hazards selection has changed a lot since then though

as far as this tune goes i think its dirty, theres other tunes i prefer of guvs but hes doin well right now, hes still learning like we all are...konichi, decimal bass, turno, dominator, dialogue, tyke, total recall etc etc all the young guns doin good ;)

if guv switches his sound and works on it, who knows what can happen..i did a minimal thing recently and got my first hazard play the other day, hes never touched any of my stuff previously hes very selective of what he plays, but just cos he doesn't play something doesn't mean its a shite tune does it?....

hazard was playing sly bits a few years ago, frozen planet & yin yang sect were originally going to be on radius and he also played 'the oz' which came out on his alias 'billy the kid' on g13...hazards selection has changed a lot since then though

as far as this tune goes i think its dirty, theres other tunes i prefer of guvs but hes doin well right now, hes still learning like we all are...konichi, decimal bass, turno, dominator, dialogue, tyke, total recall etc etc all the young guns doin good ;)

if guv switches his sound and works on it, who knows what can happen..i did a minimal thing recently and got my first hazard play the other day, hes never touched any of my stuff previously hes very selective of what he plays, but just cos he doesn't play something doesn't mean its a shite tune does it?....

WELL SAID Sick of hearing ppl rippin into Guv, if ur all so critical make a betta tune eh? am all ears...

Back
Top Bottom