Diversity is the key!!

subversity is the key* messing with people when they don't even know it, that's what i'm about. i can be diverse as well, at times, use many broad influences in my comments, sometimes i reference such abstract movements as the black mountain poets and the pre dada work of marcel duchamp. i am at all times enlightening... so play what you like son, if you can't look past jump up, maybe if you can't mix anything but jump up, because you'd be lost with an atmospheric build up, then don't move outside your comfort zone. if folk like hazard and g dub can do it then so can you, so can you my boy.

deep melodic stuff with a rough edge, rollers, neuro, harder aggro steppers, glitch and even a bit of breakcore.

WTF!!!!!!!!

Who the fuck makes these names up, they need shooting!

Last edited:
diversity is the way forward. Check out bobby corridor. this guy mixes dnb/reggae/hiphop/dancehall/dubstep and everything in between,all in one set.

Thats the way I like it. Music should be a journey, and when you have a variety of styles and influences in one mix, it takes you to different places, and in my opinion is much more effective than 2 hours solid of one genre. Ridgidity is killing many peoples mixes-- Let go, and do some different shit. Its much more fun.

Being prejudiced towards a certain style of music is stupid; Its only arrogance that makes people hate something. If you embrace it, actually listen to it, then you will realise that everything can be appreciated at some time and in some way.

I dont get the need for diversity, if you like one part you like one part thats up to you, you dont have to be diverse because someone else thinks its wrong to just listen to jump up...if you dont like it, dont listen to it...i see no need to listen to a range of styles if your only keen on one...can somebody explain the need for diversity if you dont like other genres?

Standard all across the board,
I like to go through all emotions when listen to a mix.
As :gimp: as that sounds..............

I dont get the need for diversity, if you like one part you like one part thats up to you, you dont have to be diverse because someone else thinks its wrong to just listen to jump up...if you dont like it, dont listen to it...i see no need to listen to a range of styles if your only keen on one...can somebody explain the need for diversity if you dont like other genres?

you dont know you dont like something until you have explored it properly. And as for not knowing the need for diversity... diversity is what makes music interesting, if everything sounded the same, taste wouldnt exist... That would be wank.

you dont know you dont like something until you have explored it properly. And as for not knowing the need for diversity... diversity is what makes music interesting, if everything sounded the same, taste wouldnt exist... That would be wank.

No point was not that there shouldnt be diverse types of music because everything would sound the same but i dont see the need for an individual to be into a range of music when they are only into one type...the point i was making is im mainly a jump up listen, i dont mind other types but i choose not to listen to them..i pretty much listen to jump up all day every day and i dont see the problem with that..

Back
Top Bottom