Discovery [maybe liquid idk] soundcloud320

luapclark

http://soundcloud.com/luapclark/discovery-1

This is not my first track but probably the first track that i'm happy to share with the world and get some feedback on.

I've not been producing long so i'm looking for feedback on the mixdown and the general structure. Also i'm not really sure which sub genre i would call this...

I will probably still do more with the drums i.e fill ins etc. Anything else i should be looking at?

Cheers

Cant give too much advice cuz im still a noob but you definitely need some sub bass! snare sounds quite good.

Good shout, I'm going to fix that in a sec whilst i'm playing with it. Hopefully i'll have a new version with some subs in a little while.

I've only heard it on my system, i must have the bass turned up too high cause i thought that i could get away without separate sub bass.

Cheers for the feedback

Ok i've added some subs as best i can listening through headphones, i'll adjust as soon as i can hear it through speakers (its 3.30am so its headphones only atm). I've also adjusted the synths as i realised they were not in key with the rest of the track. :oops_sign

Any more comments or suggestions?

I really like this. The bass comes in too abruptly at 1:19. Maybe do a snare roll or something before.

Just as I was about to say that the bass needs variation, you add effects to it. Nice.

I like the melody at about 3:00ish.

Ah, the second time the bass comes in is how it should be the first time! Good work.

Good ending.

I really like this. The bass comes in too abruptly at 1:19. Maybe do a snare roll or something before.

Just as I was about to say that the bass needs variation, you add effects to it. Nice.

I like the melody at about 3:00ish.

Ah, the second time the bass comes in is how it should be the first time! Good work.

Good ending.

Thanks for the comments.

I've added my third iteration now including some of your points.

I put a roll on the hats before the bass comes in and varied the bass a little bit more to add a bit more ummmm... variety.

I think I need to give my ears a rest now and come back to this in a few days and see what I think then.

I'm still interested to hear any more comments or suggestions

Back
Top Bottom