Deviance - Strange Fruit

some nice musical elements in this though I don't think the more abstract electronic sounds are quite gelling with the acoustic samples. The drums are sounding rather flat and quiet.

The song has some very interesting ideas going on, and I love that trumpet! but right now, the mix and especially the drums are sounding a little flat. Its a nice song overall though!

Hey guys. Thanks a lot for the feedback. So, what would you recommend I do to liven up the drums? I've spent quite a lot of time working on them. I went through hundreds of samples to find ones that I thought were clean and punchy. I EQ'ed them so that they filled out the frequency spectrum. I experimented with varying velocity to make them sound more natural. I panned different drums left and right to fill out the space. I used Ozone for some stereo widening and exciting. I sidechained the bass to give the drums more room. What else could I possibly do?
Thanks guys.

Deviance

Love it! Trumpet seems a bit overpowering though. I'm also wondering if it could muddied up a bit to help gel with the more synthetic sounding drums and bassline.

Great track overall!

A snare with more sharp attack might help crisp up the drums. Sounds a bit like a shaker at the minute.

Cool song tho, lots of cool stuff going on.

Back
Top Bottom