Votes: 6 60.0%
  • One of the dudes from AI

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Your mom

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Dave Benson Phillips

Votes: 2 20.0%

• Total voters
is there any reason why we should necessarily believe what skankandbass has said? I mean he could be trying to throw us off the scent

I had no idea who Dawn Wall was til today, first tune I listened to I recognized a Zinc sample, just threw it out there, reading the thread he fits criteria also

Yep - with you on thinking that first up, but I hold Seb's word in high regard and Zinc didn't feature in the list (unless he is in on the whole thing and feeding misinformation - yay we have reached conspiracy theory!)

This vortex of curiosity is the best damn music promotion I ever did see.
I was trawling back through this thread and couldn't find evidence of this, was it not mentioned? - have to say I can't help but feel it is Sub Focus.

sorry, I should have have tagged the original on Seb's fb wall "both suggestions are wrong"

(muppet question - how do I insert images off my local machine here? drag and drop says no)

Last edited:
Okay this is well over the top but this hunt is pretty fun. Spent a while this morning looking through the Twitter accounts of everyone it could be.

I'm pretty confident ruling out Fresh and John B. These tweets were the same day, 1st of August:
Dawn Wall
Fresh
John B

Flying Ants and the fact Fresh said 'anyone noticed' (talking to majority of his fans) says DJ Fresh was in the UK, probably London. John B is in the same place, clearly. That mountain range doesn't look like a major city in the UK.

Rob Swire was in Abu Dhabi on June 12 when it looks like Dawn Wall was in London so I don't think it was him. Original Sin was travelling on June 12 and went through London though.

If this is Mexico (I don't think it is), then Dawn Wall is Original Sin (he was on holiday in Mexico around this time – 9th June):
Dawn Wall's Picture.

I don't know much about what Ibiza looks like but this looks pretty Spanish to me (25th July).

Sub Focus was in Ibiza, Spain between 21st and 28th July. Where was Original Sin on the 25th of July? Manchester.

Through some Twitter and gig date cross referencing, I'm banking on Sub Focus being Dawn Wall. Only thing that bothers me about that is that Skankandbass said it's not...

It's mad how people are so keen to know! but I fully understand it too, it's rare for anyone to pop out of nowhere and do stuff of such quality so I get it completely. The guys just kinda wanted to go against the grain, do something different and see if it had any merit all on it's own, which tbh in the day and age of over-hype, a scene that's somewhat caught up in back-stroking processes to get somewhere and it sometimes being based on 'who knows who' at times it's proved it can still be done in 2015 off the back of the music on it's own, no paid / plugged hype-up, no dj'ing or live sets involved even, just a good amount of love so far for some very good music without it being too important as to who it is to people who clearly want to buy the releases either way, it's refreshing to see it can be done so quickly and easily, I applaud the guys for doing what they've done, it's kept my own personal faith in this music up there too somewhat in this genre 20+ years on.

I know everyone thinks it and it's probably already bin said but that Kythera tune and their music in general is fucking stunning must of played this tune about 20 times the last couple days unreal!

It's mad how people are so keen to know! but I fully understand it too, it's rare for anyone to pop out of nowhere and do stuff of such quality so I get it completely. The guys just kinda wanted to go against the grain, do something different and see if it had any merit all on it's own, which tbh in the day and age of over-hype, a scene that's somewhat caught up in back-stroking processes to get somewhere and it sometimes being based on 'who knows who' at times it's proved it can still be done in 2015 off the back of the music on it's own, no paid / plugged hype-up, no dj'ing or live sets involved even, just a good amount of love so far for some very good music without it being too important as to who it is to people who clearly want to buy the releases either way, it's refreshing to see it can be done so quickly and easily, I applaud the guys for doing what they've done, it's kept my own personal faith in this music up there too somewhat in this genre 20+ years on.

but that's not entirely true. whoever he is, he had the backup on some important channels, like ukf, skank and friction's been backing him... etc. they're as well pushing that brand as the mysterious guy, so it's not just the music. lots of new guys would never get that attention! just sayin...

People keep saying it could be Lomax but why has no one said it could be Loadstar as a duo?

Listen again
lol, I'll listen for the umpteenth time yeah, who knows, maybe it will change my opinion completely!

Seriously, the only reason you guys are going mad over the tunes is because of the whole "secret alias mystery quest" bullshit.

Having said that, I do really like Saigon Blaze.

Yeah to be fair, after my detective work this morning, it has started to seem more like Loadstar (a duo) or Lomax and someone else at least.

but that's not entirely true. whoever he is, he had the backup on some important channels, like ukf, skank and friction's been backing him... etc. they're as well pushing that brand as the mysterious guy, so it's not just the music. lots of new guys would never get that attention! just sayin...

I disagree, I signed a new act is never heard of before a few years ago and skankandbass etc liked the tunes enough to promote them, the fact that an established label initially decided to sign then does help generate openings but these outlets most probably promoted them out of love for the tracks than any other reason.

Back
Top Bottom