Votes: 6 60.0%
  • One of the dudes from AI

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Your mom

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Dave Benson Phillips

Votes: 2 20.0%

• Total voters
Loving this thread - been feeling all of the tunes released by Dawn Wall so far and have totally been sucked into the vortex of curiosity of who they are!

Another clue here that they are not A.I. Phil Tangent or Lomax (on top of Antc1's confirmation for not AI): DW - "We met those guys [AI] for the first time today....absolute legends!" so that kinda rules out anyone that has worked with Integral before.

Based on a few of the clues posted in this thread (esp Seb's comments) I'm going 50:50 on Rob Swire or Original Sin:

The Rob Swire angle has legs with Dawn Wall comments like "Just when you thought I was done" on their fb page (never forget Rob commenting “Wake me up when your genre is making something that people outside the scene think is worth listening to again." along with a bunch of other bitterness at the time). Also the multiple references to 'they' could make sense if Gaz is involved as well...

Original Sin just left Real Playaz with the statement - "This week I left my musical home of nearly 10 years, 'Real Playaz'. I'm so thankful for everything they have done for me.
I wish them all the best in the future. It's time for the next chapter for me. I will continue to make drum and bass though, fear not ! Thank you all for your continued support !" S
o the "Just when you thought I was done" statement also works for him. His previous tunes also have the right level of grittiness that you can hear rolling through especially in 'Angel Field' - only 'Kythera' has been super polished liquid.

The Fresh angle i'm not too sure on as he never really 'left' drum and bass (just started producing shit db and electro-dub-whateverthefuck-shite) hard to see such a massive shift from the utter tripe he has served up - even by the incredibly low 'edm' standards

Sub Focus also never left db (and Seb also point blank said its not him).

John B.... well for a guy that now obsesses over someone potentially sampling 'a quarter of a second long hi-hat from ‘Up All Night’' its hard to imagine him still possessing the self awareness to deliver any of the DW releases so far without some of that gigantic ego showing through.

I now realise that I have spent an hour researching who a new db act may be and writing an essay on it - for no obvious gain...o_O

Loving this thread - been feeling all of the tunes released by Dawn Wall so far and have totally been sucked into the vortex of curiosity of who they are!

Another clue here that they are not A.I. Phil Tangent or Lomax (on top of Antc1's confirmation for not AI): DW - "We met those guys [AI] for the first time today....absolute legends!" so that kinda rules out anyone that has worked with Integral before.

Based on a few of the clues posted in this thread (esp Seb's comments) I'm going 50:50 on Rob Swire or Original Sin:

The Rob Swire angle has legs with Dawn Wall comments like "Just when you thought I was done" on their fb page (never forget Rob commenting “Wake me up when your genre is making something that people outside the scene think is worth listening to again." along with a bunch of other bitterness at the time). Also the multiple references to 'they' could make sense if Gaz is involved as well...

Original Sin just left Real Playaz with the statement - "This week I left my musical home of nearly 10 years, 'Real Playaz'. I'm so thankful for everything they have done for me.
I wish them all the best in the future. It's time for the next chapter for me. I will continue to make drum and bass though, fear not ! Thank you all for your continued support !" S
o the "Just when you thought I was done" statement also works for him. His previous tunes also have the right level of grittiness that you can hear rolling through especially in 'Angel Field' - only 'Kythera' has been super polished liquid.

The Fresh angle i'm not too sure on as he never really 'left' drum and bass (just started producing shit db and electro-dub-whateverthefuck-shite) hard to see such a massive shift from the utter tripe he has served up - even by the incredibly low 'edm' standards

John B.... well for a guy that now obsesses over someone potentially sampling 'a quarter of a second long hi-hat from ‘Up All Night’' its hard to imagine him still possessing the self awareness to deliver any of the DW releases so far without some of that gigantic ego showing through.

I now realise that I have spent an hour researching who a new db act may be and writing an essay on it - for no obvious gain...o_O

This is what we do round here, welcome to the forum haha

I've spent a summer trying to decipher the validity of transfer rumours. This is just as thankless.

Having said that I'd put my fiver on rob swire.

I had no idea who Dawn Wall was til today, first tune I listened to I recognized a Zinc sample, just threw it out there, reading the thread he fits criteria also

One that hasn't been mentioned is Apex, he made some nice liquid tunes in his time & has recently disappeared...

It's not Zinc or Apex guys. We know for sure from talk on the previous page and this page that its one of Sub Focus, John B, Fresh, Original Sin or Rob Swire. Other than them, it could be Lomax but very unlikely.

This vortex of curiosity is the best damn music promotion I ever did see.

I was trawling back through this thread and couldn't find evidence of this, was it not mentioned? - have to say I can't help but feel it is Sub Focus.

I've given this some more thought (and listens) and it actually could be Lomax (even though he has his HoldTight alias already). Listen to the second track of the new EP and compare the mid growls to those in Hit You Where You Live by BCee (for whom Lomax engineers for years).

Not a bad shout! Really feeling 'Between The Sheets'

Back
Top Bottom