D-Jhepz - Sitting in the Dark ft. Donny

Discussion in 'New Talent & Track Reviews' started by D-Jhepz, Jun 5, 2013.

1. D-Jhepz

D-Jhepz ◕‿◕

a musical piece of dnb spent alot of hours on this, and i think im getting signed with it on nothing major but still excited...

the last 30 secs get a bit repetitive but i have that under control in the studio... something about the subs dnt feel right to me so any feedback on that or anything more than welcome... i hope you like it

Last edited: Jun 16, 2013
  2. D-Jhepz

D-Jhepz ◕‿◕

3. D-Jhepz

D-Jhepz ◕‿◕

anyone? pweese

4. subprime

subprime Dysjoint

I've listened to this a few times, the intro is good, not really feeling the drop. Lacks weight, sounds a bit unfinished (the flow) Lot's of good sounds (piano, drums etc) I like it, has a bit of a TV show theme tune vibe happening.

D-Jhepz likes this.
  5. LVB

LVB Active Member

I agree that the drop could use a bit more power, especially in the bass, lovely intro though!

D-Jhepz likes this.
  6. Mr Fletch

Mr Fletch aka KRONIX

Agree with the others, some real nice ideas here, and some lovely sounds, but the drop lacks any real punch, or depth, sounds very weak.

D-Jhepz likes this.
  7. D-Jhepz

D-Jhepz ◕‿◕

thanks guys for the feedback il get working on it... as you can tell its not meant to be a banger or anything just a nice melodic piece but i shall get some work with the bass and stuff on the drop... fletch... by depth what do you/ any advise on what i could do?

- - - Updated - - -

thanks guys for the feedback il get working on it... as you can tell its not meant to be a banger or anything just a nice melodic piece but i shall get some work with the bass and stuff on the drop... fletch... by depth what do you/ any advise on what i could do?

8. wingz

wingz everyones fav austrian

really like it from a musical aspect. production needs more polishing but who am i to talk :D

D-Jhepz likes this.
  9. D-Jhepz

D-Jhepz ◕‿◕

im in the process of mixing and what not cos i can also hear something just not right about it... i was looking for like the idea and advise :) thanks for taking the time to listen to broseph

10. Mr Fletch

Mr Fletch aka KRONIX

After listening again, I think the drop doesn't deliver any impact. It just doesn't have any drive behind it. I think it's the bass that's causing the issues. From this end there doesn't seem to be much in the 500hz and below range. Sounds very light and airy if you know what I mean.?

11. Blaastrup

Blaastrup BlazeTroop

Agree with all of the above.

12. D-Jhepz

D-Jhepz ◕‿◕

ok v2 based on wat u all said... im not usually this like in ur face so i apologies just i wanna get this done to the best of my abilities and like to what the people want its gonna be my first released tune

13. IV4

IV4 Currently a newt.

Hello,
    The melody in this song is very nice. However, you are lacking drastically in bass. You have so much head room/sub room to work out some awesome harmonics for your bass, or possibly you could layer up multiple bass sounds to give a dynamic range of bass textures. Also, one of the piano rolls midi quantization is all the same. So it sounds like I pressed something wrong on my mac. Sometimes a non-precised quantization and note placing is what makes a song sound more natural and human. Hope this helps.

D-Jhepz likes this.
  14. D-Jhepz

D-Jhepz ◕‿◕

thanks man... the piano quantize had to be done otherwise it sounded out.

im layering up a few basses im trying to go for somewhat of a neuro type talking "sub"bass that the theme... i shall revert