DnB D&B @ Glastonbury 2014

Re: D&B @ Glastonbury 2014

^ that

ofc I dont go to Glastonbury just to see D&B

- - - Updated - - -

although I didnt buy tickets for the main lineup, but the whole late night area of glastonbury is incredible. During the day im perfectly happy to amble around with mates and listen to new sounds. Had never heard of portishead before last year and they blew me away.

Glastonbury is one of the best things ive ever been to, as already mentioned you go for the general vibe and mixture of people and music. Its just always nice to catch a bit a dnb while you're there, so having someone like calibre is a nice touch!

Just out of curiousity, why do people pay all this money to go to Glastonbury to see D&B acts when there isn't a week that goes by where there isn't a Ram, Hospital, Shogun, Playaz, Critical, Metalheadz, Virus, Viper, Blackout, V Recordings, Exit, Spearhead, Commercial Suicide night for like 10-15 quid?

Just out of curiosity, have you ever been to glastonbury?

- - - Updated - - -

I assume everyone who's posted would buy glasto tickets for the main line up and 'experience' of going, but also check out the dnb stages as that's the genre of music their passionate about?

sums it up perfectly, plus, the stages, where else do you get to see ed rush and optical playing live on a flaming spider, or bryan g in a cave, or other djs within a new york city tower block…. not the same places that are offering 15 quid a ticket thats fo' sure

we have all been to these nights you talk of millions of times, they are on every weekend, its nice to mix it up a bit

Last edited:

Just out of curiousity, why do people pay all this money to go to Glastonbury to see D&B acts when there isn't a week that goes by where there isn't a Ram, Hospital, Shogun, Playaz, Critical, Metalheadz, Virus, Viper, Blackout, V Recordings, Exit, Spearhead, Commercial Suicide night for like 10-15 quid?

You obviously have not been before, there is something about that place, the vibe, some of the best nights I had there were on the 2 days before the real festival starts in the village. Always go on the Wednesday if you are staying there, loads of stuff going on!!! Add in some dnb, you got yourself some kind of utopia situation.

Im no hippy by any stretch, but that place has got something to it, I have literally not been to an event like it, nothing has ever come close!!!

So that is probably why mate ;)

- - - Updated - - -

Just reminded me of a moment, Jazz Stage late night Orbital drop Chime, with a big fuck off fireworks show going off, EPICNESSS

- - - Updated - - -

Or the night CHemicals played the Pyramid, me and my mate were chained to the ground under the big tree at the back of the field after smoking some dank green we go offa guy with the longest gingerest dreads you evadidc. I think we set some sort of record for bacon baps eaten on the walk back to our tent at the end of the night!!! Big up da Ginger Rasta with his dank goodies!

You obviously have not been before, there is something about that place, the vibe, some of the best nights I had there were on the 2 days before the real festival starts in the village. Always go on the Wednesday if you are staying there, loads of stuff going on!!! Add in some dnb, you got yourself some kind of utopia situation.

Im no hippy by any stretch, but that place has got something to it, I have literally not been to an event like it, nothing has ever come close!!!

yeah really weird, I've been to a fair few festivals, and the vibe at glastonbury is just next level. Pretty much the only reason I go

I asked this question once years ago and received a response similar to this;

So that is probably why mate ;)

I have since experianced Glastonbury and have to say I cant see any festival ever topping it... The people, the amazing shit you stumble upon, the smaller stages, all add to what is one of the most wonderful experiances you will ever have.

Even the security staff as the festival are some of the nicest people you will ever meet

So pissed off I couldn't get a ticket, tried in the resale as well but no luck. 2 years without Glastonbury before was torture and I'm sure it will be no different this time.

As others have said, there is something about it, noone ever has anything bad to say about it and I have never come across any dickheads, its a fantastic atmosphere, location, and they put so much effort into the stage designs and the festival in general. The nightlife is fucking incredible you feel like you are on another planet!

No festival comes close, not even Outlook

Just seen that Hardware lineup you were talking about pretty much self confirmed by Ink
seems to be Loxy/Ink/Gremlinz/Cold fusion/MCAD in the unfairground Friday night into Saturday Morning
Nice

Aphex Twin is playing in the Temple on Friday night under the name DJ AFX but shh :D

- - - Updated - - -

Deekline & Ed Solo are doing their Jungle Cakes vs Hot Cakes thing on Saturday night somewhere in Shangri La

Just seen that Hardware lineup you were talking about pretty much self confirmed by Ink
seems to be Loxy/Ink/Gremlinz/Cold fusion/MCAD in the unfairground Friday night into Saturday Morning
Nice

It gets better and better..last year in the cave was live, can't wait for this year!

Aphex Twin is playing in the Temple on Friday night under the name DJ AFX but shh :D

- - - Updated - - -

Deekline & Ed Solo are doing their Jungle Cakes vs Hot Cakes thing on Saturday night somewhere in Shangri La

What's Richard D james like as a dj?…..did like apex twin, but would not know what a dj set would be like, some of his tunes are so off the wall!!

Was listening to a few sets earlier, its a live thing thats like a journey through rave with that ambient weirdness maintained throughout. Starts off slow and gets faster through breaks, acid, house, techno, dnb, jungle until its break core.

Its gonna be special though, he hardly ever plays.

http://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/line-up/line-up-2014/

Full full lineup is out,

goes on forever, I love this :D

Renegade Hardware is on in the Salon Carousel followed by Off Me Nut Records.. :slayer:

there was no bass at all in the Salon though last year, but apparently that because Stivs and his crew didnt want to take the piss as they were a brand new stage. Hopefully theyll crank it up this year.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh shit London Underground on Friday: dBridge, Calibre, Klute and DJ Flight. Why does this have to clash with hardware? :(

- - - Updated - - -

Still not sure who Dirty Harry is... on in London underground and the Cave.. :/

Yeah saw the release! Massive lineup and matrix and futurebound are playing! Quite ironic after Tim's comments :)

Yeah hardware and the bunch of cuts clash is a bit long but will be vibes all the same

Loxy, Ink, Gremlinz and cold fusion. Dunno if they have 30 mins each or what.

12-4am possibly....? The unfairground closes at 6am i think, mate caught ANT TC1 in the acid lounge 5am-6am last year he tells me. I had crashed by that point but he tells me it was slammin'

Yeah you're right there is enough time for an hour each, hope it's not 12-4 though as I prefer offmenut and don't want them to be in stupidly early/late! 10-2 would be fine by me :D

Back
Top Bottom