Custard Factory In Birmingham closing Down

hazdaman100

Bum 'n Face
VIP Junglist
Just read this

NEXT UP…. END OF AN ERA WEEKENDER – THE FACTORY CLUB CLOSING PARTIES First up for Eclectricity in 2010 is the “END OF AN ERA WEEKENDER” on Easter Bank Holiday weekend 2010…. as the Factory Club @ Custard Factory closes down for good, we are proud to putting on the official closing parties….. It goes without saying that it will be an emotional end to what has been Birmingham’s finest music institution... We will ensure it goes out in style!! Featuring….RICARDO VILLALOBOS, LAURENT GARNIER, SIMIAN MOBILE DISCO, HIGH CONTRAST, GOLDIE, CASSY, NOISIA, NORMAN JAY, MARTYN, NERO, JOY ORBISON, LONDON ELEKTRICITY, HATCHA, DANNY BYRD, LOGISTICS & loads more…. A WEEKEND OF QUALITY OF EVENTS CELEBRATING 15 YEARS OF THE FACTORY CLUB (FORMERLY MEDICINE BAR) IN BIRMINGHAM. APRIL BANK HOLIDAY WEEKENDER (FRI 2nd APRIL – SUN 4TH APRIL 2010) Unfortunately, the rumours are true…The Factory Club (formerly known as Medicine Bar) at the Custard Factory is closing down..... The new decade heralds a different direction for the Custard Factory and that is the development of the site as a more of an office based environment. As a result, the dark underground club space set around the charismatic lake in the courtyard of the Custard Factory will be winding down as potential investors look at the space along the lines of restaurants/studios etc… Lakeside Marquee events will still happen for one off special events but these will be fewer and far between.... However, the days of the Factory Club space (The former Medicine Bar) and Kitchen being the regular host to your hedonistic night out are unfortunately numbered! There’s only one way to end this… after 15 years of the most forward thinking music events Birmingham has ever seen…. On a high note! This set of dates means a lot to us.... Some of the most memorable nights Birmingham has ever witnessed have taken place here and it has been nothing short of an inspiration for the cities alternative independent music culture. It’s a sad loss to Birmingham’s nightlife and there’s only one way to end it…. in style..... with an almighty send off to end all send off’s… and that’s what this Easter weekender is about. To be frank it would be rude not to!.... It's the end of an era!!!!!

This is a bloody disgrace, this has gotta be one of the best clubs in England at the moment
For those who are intrested the Hospitality Closing down party details are as follows

END OF AN ERA WEEKENDER PART 2 - HOSPITALITY EASTER SPECIAL Lakeside Marquee
HIGH CONTRAST
GOLDIE
NOISIA
LONDON ELEKTRICITY
DANNY BYRD
LOGISITCS
NETSKY
MC’s DYNAMITE, SCRIPT, AD
Factory Club: MARTYN JOY
ORBISON
NERO
UNTOLD
HATCHA
Kitchen
COMMIX
SPECTRASOUL
SYNKRO
STRAY MC’s BASSLINE & RUTHLESS
Date: Saturday 3rd April 2010. Time: 21:00 – 06:00Venue: Custard Factory Marquee, Factory Club, Kitchen and Surrounding Area’sTickets: £12 / 16.50 @ http://www.facebook.com/l/7325a;www.theticketsellers.co.uk / 0844 870 0000Online Ticket Link: http://www.facebook.com/l/7325a;www..._tickets/events/?id=10010135&ref=let_aftInfo: http://www.facebook.com/l/7325a;www.eclectricityevents.co.ukFacebook Event page: http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=274407731740&index=1

reccomend that ppl who havnt been to the club start going before the place finall shuts its doors in May
Do not understand y its going tho...surely the place is doing storming business....

was afraid this would sort of thing would happen before i turn 18, hope the last closing down party is after June, I've always wanted to go to the factory :(

No its in april mate, gutted

Rageoriginal.jpg

Raaaaa.

Genuinely gutted, awesome venue, had some amazing nights there, birthdays, stag-do's etc.

Alot of memories.

Defo gonna reach that, fitting line-up to an end for such a sick place.

Yeah, apperently its all gunna go off on May day bank holiday too, where they r gunna have a massive carnival, but the last date for the actual 'custard factory' is easter weekend, with this Hospitality being the last dnb night there
Where's all the quality nights gunna go? Bet Esape knows, being the oracle that he is

4th of April mate, so you better turn 18 fast

I turn 18 on the 1st of april (yes april fools day,ive heard all the jokes about that trust me!) so ill be hoping to go on the 4th!
From all the comments on this thread the custard factory seemed to have such a good rep, shame they are closing down!

best thing about this place, the marquee, most deffiantly... i mean, i know they said that will still hold events soooooooo maybe not all hope is lost, BUT, u can smoke in there, they have several GOOD food stands sometimes, a well lit, comfortable outside area, very nice chillout area, 2 sick rooms (warehouse, marquee) 2 bars, a newsagents!! very friendly security, decent toilets, and obviously top notch sound system... the list goes on and on for me, its a shame birmingham is so big and CLOSED for when the events finished, lol.

best thing about this place, the marquee, most deffiantly... i mean, i know they said that will still hold events soooooooo maybe not all hope is lost, BUT, u can smoke in there, they have several GOOD food stands sometimes, a well lit, comfortable outside area, very nice chillout area, 2 sick rooms (warehouse, marquee) 2 bars, a newsagents!! very friendly security, decent toilets, and obviously top notch sound system... the list goes on and on for me, its a shame birmingham is so big and CLOSED for when the events finished, lol.

the food stands inside the club were the best! and the fountain area. ow i msis it already

Back
Top Bottom