Coldpressure first D&B track

Kaaaaay
so here we go
since it´s your first one, thumbs up, go on, don´t stop :D

intro:
not enough sounds :P the first bass note and the kinda wind effect is nice but you´ll need more after that than the chordpad because the pad is not interesting enough to stand there alone. so either work on the pad
(bitcrusher, delay, high frequencies in general) or add more effects (drums with low cut or just some tiny hihats, any of the effects you can create at the moment :P ) just to keep the intro from being too minimal.

drums:
snare or clap, cant really define it, needs more depth, (equalizer-> boost around 200 hertz, if that doesn´t sound good then use a different snare, the VEC1 snares seem to be quite good... ;)) you can also add a little (!!) distortion to the snare to give it more powerrrrr
the kick is not the right thing for this trakk, get one thats shorter and doesn´t have this midi-kinda reverbthingy
I´d personally make the hihats much more complex (loud ones, not so loud ones goddammit whats wrong with my english guess i should go to bed soon^^)
but thats not such an important detail ;) i mean the hihats
ehm jeah drums in general are a bit crazy before the drop i didn´t really know where the bars started

bass:
ask someone else my basses suck hard!!! :D

lead: (with the delay)
too loud, too much distortion blows your eardrums away
cut some of the highs and make the whole thing smoother
it´s the same for the following synths you put in there.

ehm yes I think that´s all

oh yes one more thing
my advice would be you leave the track as it is and start a new one keeping the advice you´ll get on this one in mind
if you "repair" the track over and over again while getting better you´ll soon think that the basic material doesn´t fit your standarts anymore and feel like the detail work was a waste of time
well thats just my personal experience

hope I could help
keep it up!

Hey!

hello Mr Rius
First thanks a lot for the time spent listening and answering. Then, i really like your way of criticizing, very constructive.

About the snare, no magic you didn't find if it was claps or snares beacause there is both. There is 3 differents snares and 1 clap.
I gonna watch the frenquency boost tip but for that i need a good equalizer.
I'll try the distortion tip too.
For the kicks i agree too, need a clearer one to cut through the mix.
I think i have to find a good drums sample library first... if you have some references...

For the lead i have to admit that i love it this way, very agressive but you're right, it cover the beat, i have to find an equilibrium.

I keep in mind your last advice too, but it's hard to let an unfinished track back. I'll see later 'bout that.

Thanks again!!! ;)

And BTW great first post here mate, welcome!

i would agree with all of what Mr.Rius had to say. the lead is really hard to listen to, even on laptop speakers. the drums also do not cut through enough.

man this has got a propa old skool sound to it!

i actually think this is kooooool!! takes me back a goos few years hahaha

not keen on that high pitched distored synth that comes in

gets a bit messy thereanda bit harsh on the ears

man if its ur first tune, ur gona learn abotu layers and shit soon enough, youve not had a bad effort writing the tune there :)

thanks for putting a smile on my face on a sunday that was a kool lil listen :)

Thanks Msmith Thanks Zeal!

Zeal i don't know how to take your comment...
Do you say that i'm has been? :D

I'm joking of course.
I'm really glad that i put a smile on your face, in a way, i do music for that too ;)

Just a quick question: i'm not born english speaking so i don't know the sense of "layers" can somebody explain it to me?

Thanks all!!!

Thanks Msmith Thanks Zeal!

Zeal i don't know how to take your comment...
Do you say that i'm has been? :D

I'm joking of course.
I'm really glad that i put a smile on your face, in a way, i do music for that too ;)

Just a quick question: i'm not born english speaking so i don't know the sense of "layers" can somebody explain it to me?

Thanks all!!!

My comment wasnt meant to be insulting in anyways bro sorry if it came across like that.

What i mean is it takes me back and put a smile on my face, reminded me of older times ;)

By layers, we mean adding more breaks to get the parts which you need to make the drums sound fuller and more defined

using 2-3 snares 2-3 kick drums, hats, rides and serveal breaks should help :)

Like i wrote, i was joking buddy, no problem. Your comment is really kind and i'm proud of it. ;)
So to layer is to superpose several kicks or snares ?
or just use differents ones in differents way?

Nice introduction, very moody...

That snare / clap combination is a little too punchy at the beginning, maybe three snares and a clap is too much? Just a suggestion.

The bass kicks in pretty abruptly, you could try a big build up to it like a kick roll or something as well as the hi hats you have in there. Also, the bass sounds nice :)

The lead synth is quite loud and overpowering try turning that down in the mix so you can hear the drums and bass a little better.

The second synth playing behind the main one maybe isn't in tune with the first, too? I can't tell just saying.

nice end to the synths at 2 mins or so, cool sounding delay. Cool drop there.

Sorry for the garbled nonsense I'm just commenting as I hear the different parts come in -- I think this could do with more parts where it's just the bass and the drums, the synth is a little overpowering (as I said before, I think :/)

Yeah, anyway, nice, keep at it.

WAY too hectic for me!
Perc is cutting through nicely... and overall Prod sounds solid.

I like most of the sounds, but the sequencing is simply not doing it for me.

Sorry, i just saw that i did'nt answered an thanked!

So thanks a lot for your advice! I'm on another project but i'll get back on this one soon.

Cheers!

Back
Top Bottom