Classic dark sound i can't seem to find

Discussion in 'Production' started by Freezz, May 6, 2013.

1. Freezz

Freezz Member

Hey guys!

I've been getting into darker dnb lately and i found a duo from my hometown who are making these nice growly basses. I'm talking about the main bass ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TTvLmO_vL38 ). You can also hear this one as the first bass sound in Program by Noisia ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vyrwMmsufJc ). I'm not asking for the exact sound, I would just like to know what the base for this sound is and how sounds like this in general can be achieved.

Thx!

2. miszt

miszt BASSFACE Royale

you'll find a fair few threads about noisia bass sounds on here, hit up the search function and read lots of them, then be ready to practice, allot :)

3. bhksamples

bhksamples Member

Or you just grab, dnb rough connections vol.1, 2 & 3 and you will have the bass sounds they use as base ;)

4. MisterApe

MisterApe 8bit junkie

^

This man speaks the truth, there's some ridiculously good quality basses in that pack.
    Very good base to start resampling from :).

5. Freezz

Freezz Member

def gonna look into that sample pack, thanks a lot! :)

6. miszt

miszt BASSFACE Royale

learn to synthesis them yourself, far more rewarding and interesting!

7. bhksamples

bhksamples Member

nothing wrong about learning all yourself, but its also far more time consuming. And this can take years for some people, especially for beginners.
    The BHK packs are not avarrage packs like you know from other company's, and like i said Noisia and Athy's & Duster,
    also many other producers using these packs also for their bass sounds, but don't think if you get the same source you gonna get
    immediatly their sound. Of course you can, but you still have to know their further processing and arrangement skillz !

Our goal is just to inspire producers, not to give you ready to go construction kits, you can use to throw quickly a track together,
    this don't works with our packs ;)

8. DjCartel

DjCartel Well-Known Member

i just bought one of there packs, better than anything ive got off loopmasters! very diverse and useable. stick a filter on some of the basses and you get those dark noises your after!

9. bhksamples

bhksamples Member

Thanks mate !

BTW guys here is a newsletter http://us2.campaign-archive2.com/?u=042003bf112bfd825bb42940a&id=179a8a9b90&e=b7291fc9d0, In the rough connection add is a direct download link for a preview pack ;) We have updated this pack with some bass oneshots.

10. Eternaloptimist

Eternaloptimist Active Member

if you want to have have fun get the sample packs. as mentioned it's all about arrangement. this genre was born off sampling. Bhk have some sick stuff.
    + 1 on the loopmasters packs. sometimes you just feel like they were chasing quantity rather than quality.