Multi Genre Chugga (WIP)

Boooke

Hey. I am not sure what genre this is. I just gave it a go, but I don't have anything else than my heavily biased speakers and some headphones to listen to this with (No monitors). So some feedback would be really nice - judging your own stuff when you've been listening to it for an hour is quite hard, too. At the moment I'm redesigning synths and adding some to it.

Thank you :)

Regards,
Boooke

EDIT: Forgot to say what I really needed feedback for (Except the whole thing :p ); I'm kinda worried that there is distortion in the mix, and a way too loud (And sometimes too unclear and low) bass. But I have a hard time figuring if it is so.

Last edited:
Minute 0.33 those kicks rumbled my house . The genre? , well the rythm is a clear reggaeton one, but the kick has this kind of hard techno feel to it. Maybe you should take a look at the volume of those "screechy" sounds, as it scared the hell out of me with loud volume on, or maybe that was your intention? .
Over all , good job , liking the bass

Thanks for the feedback. I guess the screechy sounds can be quite scary if you don't know the track, lol ;) That sound is quite temporary anyways. I was trying to make some kind of sirene, but I never really achieved that sound. The problem is - I can't really hear how loud/Unleveled the bass is. I have no kind of sound system capable of giving me fair input. I'll try cut the low frequencies on it.

Last edited:
Oh please dont touch the bass, in my opinion that bass is real envolving , I can feel it in my chest. On a real good club sound system it can sound monstrous. Have you ever listened to adam beyer? He makes techno tracks with that kind of bass. But if youre objective was not to have a pounding bass, then you could try to cut frequencies or simply lower the volume a bit

Oh I am just EQing the second kick. But I'm considering replacing it with some other kick - probably a subtle one. I've created a few to try out. The current one has some kind of distorted noise in the end which I don't like.

Btw, Never heard of Adam Beyer before, but he certainly got some nice tunes! I especially like his drums.

Normally I would be on the search for that kind of kick with the distorted noise. But if you want to avoid that, definetly just replace it with another, cutting frequencies wont do much.
Adam beyer has really nice production skills, but sometimes could be a bit boring that last straight 12 mins . But oh well thats techno :p

Yeah, well... I kinda liked that kick. I've tried a couple of things to remove the distortion in the end since I can't really come up with another suitable kick. I might get lazy and just use another sampled kick, if I find any :p

True, it's that kind of music that rarely sounds interesting, when you're five minutes into the song, and the only notable change is the new bleep panned to the right, lol (Not that I can come up with such a song). But his production skills are awesome, I think. And I do actually enjoy his music :)

The screechy sounds really need to go down a few dbs imo, apart from that the tune is great, i just listened to it a few times and i dont rly like this kinda music :)

Haha, well thank you. Nor do I. It was quite spontanious to even think about the beat for me. And, really, what does this kind of music really have in common with DnB?.. ;)

I'm reworking the track at the moment. I am curently trying new drum sounds, the screech is less hostile, and IMO the uploaded mix is just way too short for me. I will upload a new one at some time. But feedback is still appreciated!

Regards,
Boooke

Back
Top Bottom