Chrash

IV4

DnBF Sheriff
VIP Junglist
Crash Symbols
I have notice we have been talking frequently about them in the New Talent and track reviews. They seem to be tricky right? The only three things I have figured out about the crash symbol and how to eq it so it fits right. Is high passing it very high and lowering the volume so the don't take up so much room. I also sometimes reverse them and the place it so it sounds right with the music, or I don't use a crash at all.
Does any body have any better tips? Any tip will be good just looking for answers and we all know that there is more than one way to get to where we are going.

Yeah, pretty uncompromising high passing and mess with the volume 'til they sit right, i often to a really high frequency high cut as well to make room for the hats.

Reversing for little buildups in the track, kind of letting you know to pay attention because we're about to have a little moment here.

Add chorus, flangers and various and multiple delays for messed up FX.

Send reverse and normal crashes through the same FX chains.

I used to use Gross Beat at different stages in the FX chain for tremolo effects but it seems my latest version of FL only came with a fucking demo version...

Yeah, pretty uncompromising high passing and mess with the volume 'til they sit right, i often to a really high frequency high cut as well to make room for the hats.

I used to use Gross Beat at different stages in the FX chain for tremolo effects but it seems my latest version of FL only came with a fucking demo version...
What the hell is Gross Beat?

---------- Post added at 18:38 ---------- Previous post was at 18:38 ----------

What you're doing already is a good start, I would add varying the velocity of the crashes for extra funk!

Thanks man.

Back
Top Bottom