Cheap studio monitors

Quotec

I am wondering what are the best of cheapish studio monitors out there? I am willing to spend 300-400£ for a pair. What monitors are you using?

But what you think about Mackies? Particularly interested in MR6 MK3.

Sorry can't really tell you that since i never heard the sound of them.I can really only recommend you the Yamaha HS8 or maybe the cheaper HS7.You can also go for some KRK's but i would still choose Yamaha's.Best thing to do is to go to a music store and listen to the speakers with some music you like.The most important thing is that they are flat ofcourse becouse you don't want frequencies boosted on your studio monitors.But in the end if you ask me it really comes down to learn how your monitors translate to other systems.

Ive heard great things about monkey banana speakers, good price and think Im going to go for them over krk speakers. Im going to a shop tomorrow to give them a listen and compare, a friend of a friend has them, adam and some other ones I forget and he says there isnt much difference between the adams and the monkey banana speakers at all, think he prefers the monkey banna speakers and they are the cheapest, course this is just one guys opinion but the price is right for me and I keep hearing good things about them, whereas I hear folks complaining about krk at times, im an amateur though and just going to hear how dnb sounds on different speakers.

I was in quite the same boat last week :) I went for HS8 and no way I regret it. Even in poorly treated(filled with furniture) room they sound relatively flat. I am getting used to them now but already my mixes translate really well.
If you decide to go KRK way then buy Gen 3 model. But overall their sound is colored, especially in low-end. But again, lots of producers successfully use them for mixing.
Mackies are a bit muddy to me(listened to them once in store), can't say more about them.

Also if you want a good bass and overall response you should consider some investments into acoustic treatments.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom