Chase & Status - Brand New Machine LP (audio previews)

Gangsta Boogie VIP is sick

Just wish it didn't have Knytro spitting all over it

Surprised at how much I'm liking some of the tunes on this. All quite easy and not exactly challenging, but it's meant for a mass audience, and that's the terms you have to judge stuff like this on. I do quite like their stuff though. I mean as a DJ / D&B fan obviously I wouldn't really be into them, I haven't bought a Chase and Status record since that one on Habit with the Wu Tang samples, but as a listener, i think they're miles and miles better at translating their influences into good music than anyone else making commercial D&B. I can relate to a Chase & Status tune a whole lot more than I can to a Netsky or a Sub Focus tune for example.

As for them coming from a "D&B background" well that's bollocks really, everyone used to diss them back in the day for jumping ship from the Breaks scene when that died and their first big tune being their 20/20 remix. They've always been chameleons, and more power to them IMO.

One thing I will say, and that is that that video of them covering Rage Against The Machine is one of the cringiest things I've ever fucking seen.

Back
Top Bottom