cdj weird problem

Discussion in 'Drum & Bass' started by technic1210, Aug 6, 2012.

1. technic1210

technic1210 ''VINYL VINYL VINYL''

my cds work on every set of cdjs ive ever used over the last couple of years, over the weekend i had a set on internet radio my cds would not work! yet everyone elses worked fine. a lot of mine were brand new and burnt that day. i always use windows media to burn and have never had any problems anywhere else. the cdjs were pioneers mk2 black ones. i and the others r baffled as to y they wont work in the end 2 discs worked but others didnt . if anyone can hepl please let me know as this is odd!

2. $marty

$marty Dexcell Staff Member

Could be a number of things really.
    Could be the brand of discs. Could just be the CDJ's being racist against you.
    Who knows.

3. jack2290

jack2290 Member

Did you burn it as a data disk by mistake? I've done that before and they won't play. Also personal tip you should burn in itunes, tune sounds much louder and better quality IMO

4. Jwood27

Jwood27 VICTIM

download nero express essentials and burn with that, never had any issues.

also when you say black mk2... which series? 800/400 etc

what do you use at home if you do

also what brand are the cds

5. evermind

evermind Broken Symmetry

Your alias is "technic1210", your personal message is "VINYL VINYL VINYL", you're spinning vinyl in your profile picture (assuming it's you) and your sig is a turntable. This somewhat makes the post weird if you ask me :)

As for the CDs... If all your CDs have the same problem it seems to be a systematic error, since it didn't occur only for one CD. Maybe you made a mistake when you burnt your batch of CDs? Or did something differently? Something happened to your CD bag? You should burn some new CDs and see if the problem persists. I don't think it should given that your mates' stuff worked fine.
    Myself being a vinylperson (too?) I have no experience with CDJs though, sorry.

6. technic1210

mate i have been amember on here for several years, i used to technics for ten yearse hence vinyl vinyl vinyl.now i use cdjs, just never changed my bio. anyway the cds vary from sainsburys cdrs to local it shop ones, they work on other systems plus my mate burnt 3 for me at his that day so not just my cds. yes i burnt as audio cd i checked yesterday my windows media by default is set to audio cd

7. Dubsta

Dubsta Well-Known Member

i had 800s....all my cds worked fine....then i got 1000mk2's and some cds played others never, they kept spitting them back out........mk2's dont play cdrw's......i now got mk3's and everythings fine.

TBH i hate the mk2's..the feel off them (theres no jog wheel adjustment on mk2s).......mk3s play mp3, wavs, data, dvd...basicaly all formats

8. technic1210

yea thats them mate 1000 mk2's!!

9. Dubsta

Dubsta Well-Known Member

if you can sell them and upgarde to mk3's mate you seriously wont regret it....i

10. $marty

$marty Dexcell Staff Member

Should probably read the first post dude. They're the station's CDJs