Breaks/DnB EP

KNLB

Hey guys, thought I'd share an EP I did a while back. First song is a liquidy breaks kinda thing, second song is kind of like a funky interlude, and the last one is some chopped up Amen, neurofunk-speed shit. Please please PLEASE leave some feedback. Any feedback. Thanks!

knlb.bandcamp.com/album/revolve-1

Just listened to this
first track is great, it's really cool and has a great groove. The only thing I'll say about is that there's a saxophone sample that comes in near the end that sounds really out of tune with the rest of it. It's a bit jarring.
I really like the northern soul feel to the second one. Where did you get that strings sample from?

- - - Updated - - -

Have to be honest and say I'm not mad about the 3rd track. It's a bit too fast for my taste but that's probably because I'm a boring old fart. There's a piano sample in there that I have to admit I'm not mad about, it doesn't seem to quite fit in with the rest of the tune

Thank you so much for listening. Its funny because both the sax sample and the piano sample you pointed out were actually later editions, I felt like the songs were to repetitive and needed an extra element. I guess the real answer is to just cut back then. I might keep the speed on the last one though :)

The sample on the middle song you were asking about is Mel & Tim - Forever and a Day. Its actually a really great song in its own right.

I really liked the first tune except the fact that saxophone was a bit odd, didn't fit in. Great ending in the first track.
Great job on the drum beat tho!

The second track doesn't really "sound" like dnb/don't have that dnb feel to em. The melodies with the vocals sound like jazz. lol
Or maybe it's not even supposed to be dnb?

Love the intro in the first track, but the bass that comes later is a bit over distorted imho.
Nice vibe tho.

Back
Top Bottom