Breakage - Staggered Dub / 4 Me

sli

Now for a proper review....

Got this one on promo today, hope it doesnt get a full release next week like some other tunes recently have!!

Anyway, staggered dub i love, its a great tune to chill to after a hard days work :spliff: . A very dubby sound (duh!), that to me sounds like a dub remix of a nutone track, much more of a funky dub outing than normal. A minimalist tune as per usual with crisp sounding drums and smooth rhodes to melt the soul with tight production as usual. Some more original beats from breakage, fans of the more dubby funky sounds should definately check this out.

This is more like breakage, 4 me is a track that heavily samples the amen break. With a heavy amen from start to finish you cant really go wrong, and accompanied by an uplifting ragga vocal and throbing, rolling bassline youve got an excellent dancefloor track to get those feet moving. This is, in my opinion, breakage's hardest tune to date and is well welcomed by me (and im sure many others), and all in all rounds up another quality release from critical which is fast becoming one of my favourite labels. :dutty:

:dutty:
nice review to some great tunes

I hope Breakage carries on creating more dubby goodness for 2005

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom