Drum & Bass BEnvy - First mini mix, feed back please!

Discussion in 'Members Mixes' started by EnvyMusic, Dec 7, 2011.

1. EnvyMusic

EnvyMusic New Member

Hey guys, extremely new to all of this, so it's not great, this is also my first time using any kind of music production program, any feedback, help & tips are welcome :)

Thanks.

Jonny L - 1 N 2
    Fred v & Grafix - Long Distance
    Sub Focus - Could This Be Real
    Rollz - All It Took
    MRSA - Chemicals
    Modestep - Feel Good (The Prototypes Remix)

2. bortlicenseplat

bortlicenseplat Member

Imo the first drop was really crummy, had a boring ass buildup then out of nowhere it just dropped.
    The fadeout-Sub Focus transition needs a lot of work, try bring the song in during a break rather than using an added effect unless it perfectly slots into the other song.

Sorry if it sounds like a lot of criticism but practice makes perfect! What program you using?

3. jsmith89

jsmith89 Hmph..... silly...

yeah i think you need to work on building the track you want to mix in before it drops, they come out of nowhere and it's a bit disconcerting. that first mix would have worked well i think with the 1 n 2 vocals in the background so try working on more of a smooth transition for each blend and you'll be well on your way (y)

4. EnvyMusic

EnvyMusic New Member

Thanks Pal, No I can take the criticism, it's the only way to get better aha, I'm only using FL Studio 10 at the moment, is there something better I could be using?

---------- Post added at 22:38 ---------- Previous post was at 22:37 ----------

Ok man, appreciate the help (y)