B:51 - TRIBE (advice on drum/percussion pitching)

Salvus

VIP Junglist
Hi Guys,

I know I have already posted a tune this week. However, one of the main points taken away from my previous bit of advice was that my drums could do with pitching a bit in order for it to gel correctly with the rest of the tune.
I have not been able to sleep until I have had a go at creating something where the drums / percussion (in this instance) sits better in the mix due to its pitch / EQ'ing.

Any comments on the overall tune is obviously appreciated (as it would be good to know my efforts were heading me in the right direction). However percussion / drum pitch and fit advice would be great.
Has anyone got much opinion on sending all my drum channels to a bus channel (return for me, as im on Ableton) and using compression as a group? Does this work as well in percussive tracks?

Anyhow, thanks very much for your time! Some of the posts I have read in this production section have already been very informative.

Cheers

Not very useful technical feedback, but the whole thing sounds fucking awesome.
Love the mix of minimal drums, atmospheric instruments and gritty bass stabs the way I like them.

Brilliant (y)

Cheers for the comments chaps! Really encouraging. Would be cool to know if anyone does the whole bussed drum channel thing like (then process that whole drum kit as a unit...) though.

Back
Top Bottom