Audio Interfaces?

After making drum and bass for a while I think being able to record audio would be a great step forward, but with my current soundcard nothing sounds very decent, and the latency is awful.

So I thought you all might be able to help me find a decent audio interface for under £150. I know thats not alot but thats pretty much all I have at the moment, so my range is somewhat limited.

I was looking at the m-audio fast track pro becuase it has 2 inputs with xlr/ 1/4inch jack with pre amps, and monitoring facilities. But if anyone has better suggestions please tell me becuase i'm still new to all this.

Thanks in advance.

fast track pro does exactly what it ses on the tin. its a great piece of kit.
you can probably get something cheaper which does the same but it may possibly have latency issues with recording...
fast track doesnt :)

motion audio

VIP Junglist
Fast track pro sounds like a good idea, supports Pro Tools M powered aswel so you could upgrade to that in the future without having to get a new interface.

Alexi

Drench Audio
VIP Junglist
I use an Alesis IO2, cost about 80 quid, and has 2 xlr inputs, 2x2 line inputs, phantom power, MIDI in/out, S/PDF In/Out, and runs on USB power, so doesn't need another plug.

Never had any problems, small and looks slick, cheap and does everything I need.