Atrio - Dont let me go ( work in progress)

I like it a lot. I think you may be clipping. I've been soft clipping stuff of late just so people will actually listen to it (I hate that "it's too soft" comment) and I'm okay with inaudible distortions.

I think you'd like to add a bit more to the drums. Perhaps in the hats - or add some fills with ghost hit snares et al. I mean, damn, that kick is huge...

Liking the strings quite a bit. This is my least favorite style of DnB ever, it's so static in the bass line...well, maybe not, wobbly jump up is worse, and that ass-heavy 8 kicks in every bar clanging snare stuff. But you nailed the good part about it! It's supposed to be beautiful, create an environment of chill good vibes for everyone to dance and talk in - I can picture this track being the broth in a soup of smiling faces.

I guess that makes my music the broth in a soup of angry unemployed 20 somethings on hella drugs.

peace,
J.P.

yeh probs gonna work on the drums next mate and add some cool little fx here and there. the bass has been an issue for me aswell. probs gonna take a week off production again and learn more stuff about bass'es. sick reply though, liking ur creative feedback mate.

Very nice ideas, but i think it needs better mixdown(can't say anything more with the trash im listening on). The melody is very pleasant, the strings sound great too. Also in my head the drums would sound better with a 'think' break in there. The tune really has potential would love to hear it finished.

cheers mate. yeh ive just bought these badboys 'http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/400203236925?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649#ht_3173wt_1139' this should help. i am mixing blind at the moment and even with 3 different sound systems to try it on, its just impossible without reference monitors/headphones. again i could not agree more that the mix downs just let me down all the time.

oh and my current main system arnt even classed as monitors mate. trust its a pain in the arse to mix on this lol.

Last edited:
Some lovely musical elements, I like the build and the drop. The distortion from the bass does seem to intefere with some other elements in the track.

Back
Top Bottom