Approaching labels, getting your music signed?

EvezDroppin

VIP Junglist
I feel like my production has improved as of late and all be it I only have one stand out tune at the moment (working on more) they are at the standard for a release!

I have had 1 release in the past where i sold my self short (unknowingly) and the tune got released without any mastering and not the best of mixdowns, as I was so suprised and buzzin that somebody wanted to release it!

Now with the tune I uploaded recently, very briefly, (as I realised labels dnt like tunes that have been heared by every man and his dog) I had interest from a label but want to get a couple of tunes in the catalogue to make a single or an EP.

I was looking through 36hertz conditions for submitting demo's as the style is i guess similar to what they release, do you think it's ambitious as a starting out producer sending it to the likes of 36Hertz? should i stick to smaller labels and try to make a bit of a name for myself before going to the more established labels?

Thanks!

If your tunes are good enough, then bigger labels will want to sign them whether you have had other tunes out before or not. Mind Vortex got signed with Ram without having any other tunes out previously i believe.

If your tunes are good enough, then bigger labels will want to sign them whether you have had other tunes out before or not. Mind Vortex got signed with Ram without having any other tunes out previously i believe.

hm yeah, makes sense really! you do see the odd unknown names on EP's with established artists too! only one way of finding out I guess!

I'd wait until I was absolutely certain that my tunes are up to par and that they can bring something new and original to the scene until sending out demos and tracks and things.

Getting turned down all the time is demoralizing, you've got to be confident that your tune could be played next to a - say - Sub Focus tune and not sound wanky.

^ I kinda agree but you need to test the water to a certain extent, if you're getting no replies - Try harder lol.

Back
Top Bottom