any fruity loops users willing to give me a mastering/eq tutorial

swaggasaurus

I still havent go the hang of mastering, so i was wondering if any fruity users would care to help me out maybe, just show me the basics and how stuffs meant t sound when properly mastered, it would be greatly appreciated

I think you mean mixing instead of mastering. Mastering is normally done by professional sound engineers who know what they are doing and they have the equipement for it.

Anyway, I myself am busy atm but i suggest you watch the Warbeat video series on YouTube. It helped me alot!

There's no difference mixing in FL or any other DAW. The UI is different maybe the headroom (or the display of it at least)

Just read up on general mixing techniques. Get some mastering plugins etc. Analyzers are important when doing subtractive EQing.

The thing is; these days mastering is not just getting the track to the same level as the album. Albums are so 1990 anyway. People shuffle their i-pods and producers wanna be at least as loud as the previous one. So, I'd go ahead. Master your tracks when your done. First get your mix right though.

Artists have become their own pre master mixing engineer. There's loads that "master" their tracks the same every time anyway (in any EDM style very common). Ie setting a roof on 0db and using the headroom for whatever they want to have the most punch.

Back
Top Bottom