another one of those..

I disagree about spending lots of money straight up only with production in mind. My reasoning for this is producing isnt something that you can just get good it, it takes years and years until you get anywhere close to a decent sound for most people. Having amazin speakers isnt going to help you get better, the only thing that will is hours and hours of reading and learning.

If you find you're really getting somewhere with writing tunes then upgrade in a couple of years. Plus besides, if you dont reference your tunes on lots of different speakers at the mixing stage then you could be missing out on some serious flaws.

Just think its a bit silly to sling loads of money at something so massively technical this early on. Semi decent speakers will get you going. Trust me.

I disagree about spending lots of money straight up only with production in mind. My reasoning for this is producing isnt something that you can just get good it, it takes years and years until you get anywhere close to a decent sound for most people. Having amazin speakers isnt going to help you get better, the only thing that will is hours and hours of reading and learning.

If you find you're really getting somewhere with writing tunes then upgrade in a couple of years. Plus besides, if you dont reference your tunes on lots of different speakers at the mixing stage then you could be missing out on some serious flaws.

Just think its a bit silly to sling loads of money at something so massively technical this early on. Semi decent speakers will get you going. Trust me.

well said. you can get going in production for hardly any cash. i think its more important to actually try making some music first on whatever you have to hand. no point blowing loads of cash if you dont think you will want to do it for the next x amount of years. and it will take years not weeks.
if you get the bug then yeah spend.

i have recently got some yamaha hs80m's on finance of dolphinmusic and they are mind blowing!! so soo good. got advice from here about 3 months ago to get them and never looked back :)

Another vote for 2nd hand, bought my Alesis M1 MK2 Actives for £90 earlier this year.

Sent from mans Nokia 3310 using Tapatalk.

Cheers russ, i see your point, but my speakers arent even semi decent man! so it was going to upgrade to some decent ones for mixing anyway so thought kill two birdsa with one stone scenario?!

i have recently got some yamaha hs80m's on finance of dolphinmusic and they are mind blowing!! so soo good. got advice from here about 3 months ago to get them and never looked back :)

Thanks mate, will look into them, are they good for mxing aswel?

if you really like music, mixing and producing aside, having a pair of speakers that sound real nice and will last a lifetime (if looked after) is a worthwhile investment in my eyes!

Cheers russ, i see your point, but my speakers arent even semi decent man! so it was going to upgrade to some decent ones for mixing anyway so thought kill two birdsa with one stone scenario?!

Oh yeh buy all means get some new ones but im saying just dont spend like £600-800 or something :/

who is buster?
what happened to hyperd4eva

obviously for ever doesnt mean a thing to some of you!

who is buster?
what happened to hyperd4eva

obviously for ever doesnt mean a thing to some of you!

LOL

to be honest, i literally cringed everytime i saw my name.. i only joined here to download a mix! but times have changed AJ. u do dance.. u get favours yeah!

I got a pair of the KRK Rokit 6's and I wouldnt change them for the world! Like others have already said, go to a proffessional music store and listen to a few different makes / models to see what best suits you. I listened to Alesis, M-Audio, Mackies and the KRK's, the KRK's won hands down for me!

Back
Top Bottom