Another 1210 or a cdj?

TongueFlap

Flappin'
VIP Junglist
Now I want a 3rd deck, but do i go for another 1210 or do I get a cdj800/1000?

My reasons,

Cdj -
pros - A lot more tunes to choose from and would work out cheaper in the long run as tunes are 79p instead of £6. Also they look quite fun.

cons - Its still not vinyl is it.

1210 -

Pros - new/second hand 1210's are ALOT cheeper than a cdj and then I will be all vinyl and no digi.

Cons - I will still be spending a fortune on vinyl.

Suggestions?

Personally, with the way things are going I'd grab a cd deck. At least you can still spin all your vinyl on the two 1210s you already have.

i dj vinyl but the con of gettin another 1210 is u wont be able to mix in any mp3 only tunes like painted smile by commix and if u do produce or ur mates do then u wouldnt be able to mix in ur own burnt cds.

altho, if u did want to do 3 deck mixing one of the tunes u play in each 3 deck droppin would have to be a cd lol.

im sure ive seen a vinyl deck which has a cd slot in it aswell so its 2 in 1. might cost quite a bit more but if i wasnt dreamin and do exist might be worth the money.

in the end its you who makes ya mind up

why go for a third 1210? makes no sense to me. with everyone sending you dubs you should really go for a cdj.

get a cd deck, surely? you run a label so you get sent dubs and ting so it must make sense in the long run?

get a cdj800 and just use it like a normal deck. i do the same thing. no bother, no drama, no hassle.

just love.

no not really... haha it give me an excuse to stay in :P

I wouldn't buy a CDJ second hand if I were you mate, they seem to go wrong a helluva lot easier than a turntable in my experience. The digital interface can screw up and the jog wheels aren't as durable as you might hope. A mate of mine brought a pair of CDJ800s brand spanking and within 3 days of owning them the display screen on one of the turntables had malfuctioned and didn't work properly.

Obviously this doesn't matter if you get them new because they come with a hench warranty, but of course you get no such luxury with second hand goods.

Get a third deck if you ever REALISTICALLY plan on mixing over 3 decks consistently ...

Otherwise I can't praise Serato enough, buying it would effectively knob 2 birds with 1 conny

I've got 3 1210s with Serato, and there are hardly any limitations

Get a third deck if you ever REALISTICALLY plan on mixing over 3 decks consistently ...

Otherwise I can't praise Serato enough, buying it would effectively knob 2 birds with 1 conny

I've got 3 1210s with Serato, and there are hardly any limitations

sounds good mate...

I wont be mixing constantly with 3 decks, but it would be nice to have the choice. I got loads of dubs from peeps too, so it would be nice to mix some of their tunes in aswell :)

Back
Top Bottom