amen breaks comp

breakzhead

afternoon, I have no problem making two step drum bass steps, but im finding it hard to make amen style breaks. The problem is making it sound intense and good. Im fed up with using original amen samples.

can anyone steer me in the rite direction for midi files?

mer

I use a generator called Amen1B (i think its called that!)

its an ol skool package where you load your amen in and it splits it into sections, then you re-lay the sections in your desired order.

PM if you are interested in the software an might be able to sort you out ;)

if that amen1b program is the one im thinking of you might as well get recycle. same deal just better. creating organic breaks is always difficult. remember to quantisize on 64ths and, knock shit slightly off beat, give it some creative use of veloicity and resonance and yeah thats about all i can think of right now

logikz said:
if that amen1b program is the one im thinking of you might as well get recycle. same deal just better. creating organic breaks is always difficult. remember to quantisize on 64ths and, knock shit slightly off beat, give it some creative use of veloicity and resonance and yeah thats about all i can think of right now

Yeah I already use recycle, its aight but i never thought of using it to compose breaks.

If you want a break with that kind of flow you'll have to sample a break (usually a jazz or funk break) and cut it up and restructure.
The key is not to cut it up too much so you lose the flow, that's one of the things that makes the amen great

breakzhead said:
Yeah I already use recycle, its aight but i never thought of using it to compose breaks.

Sorry i meant looping samples, who looks a dumbass??? :tosser:

Slicing beats like a vegetable now!

cheers

Back
Top Bottom