Amalgam - Fallen Star

Amalgam

This is kind of a rough outline of what I want this tune to be, it is no way a finished product. I just wanted to get some opinions on what you guys think this tune could use.
It's pretty rough. Be as harsh as you want, Ill eat it with a spoonful of sugar
Here's the link: (just click on play all hi-fi)
Fallen Star

BTW: In case you couldn't tell...this is my first real project so ANY input will be well appreciated.

Listening now..........I can't believe how good the talent is on this forum....This track is great I especially like the main melodic theme that plays throughout...Its very thoughtful?
I can't say what I'd change...maybe create an riff to answer that part in the same voice?....Awesome stuff. I hope others give this a listen....cheers!

Finally!!! Thank you sir! Glad you enjoyed it! It's tough to get people to comment, so yeah thanks alot! As many people that have viewed it I would at least expect a little slagging here and there. :thumbsup:

Right:

The breakbeat is a bit repetitive in the intro... specially because of the cymbal on the opening kick. It's a very hard thing to remove but perhaps use another kick drum there.

The bassline is actually very annoying and not catchy at all. Sounds like you've just randomly placed notes on the piano roll without thinking about it.

Also the bass is very weak and lacking any presence. It needs to hit harder with a kick, and it needs to be a lot louder.

The structure of the song is very fragmented, it doesnt flow as one piece but instead feels like lots of sections glued together.

The main atmospheric parts (is this the lead?) gets very repetitive after a while... that stuff is cool but not as the main listening part of the song.

Which reminds me, there is no lead to speak of whatsoever....

The whole song seems like it's just waiting to drop - it needs a lot more energy (even though it is a chillout track), the listener constantly gets the feeling that he's waiting for something to happen - and it doesnt.

I think a chopped up vocal sample in the vein of Cyantific or CLS & Wax would suit the tune very well, and help mask some of it's shortcomings such as the lack of a lead.

But dont get me wrong i really like the track - you asked someone to slag it off remember :twisted:

:slayer:
Affliction, man, this is the kind of review I was looking for!! All great advice...not many have given this detailed advice...so thanks man. I've kinda stopped production on this one for a while anyway...gonna pick it up later. Got something much better on the way. Ill post it up when I get it ready. BTW...I've had alot of the same feelings on the boringness of the track.
Thanks everyone for the NICE comments as well! :D

Back
Top Bottom