AL CAPONE - HIGH-WIRE ! (dancefloor dnb with added darkness)

alcaponeuk

come back to what i usually do with some commercial style stuff, but i attempted to darken it down with the synth melody (as the chords are pretty jolly) i feel theres too much going on on the drop and i didnt eq so much as i was scared of certain instruments losing the power (just me being a cautious asshole) but let me know if u enjoy listening?!

all the elements are pretty good man! except for the drums, would have liked these more punchier and present!
good job tho!

i like that bass sound that comes in for the last 16 of the drop

but your drums are kinda weak tho mate, they sound like they really struggling to cut through the mix

I agree about the drums, seems like a common problem in your tracks, they need more punch... and you need to make room for them in the mix, you got a lot of different synths going on and I think thats where you problem lies, gotta make sure you are EQ'ing everything properly

The rest is good though :)

cheers for the feedback peeps! well the first set are only a hi passed break but if the main drums arent punching i gotta work on it, it must be the cans i use, at the moment my system is some little 20 quid sony hifi system and some sennheiser cans, i only use those two to reference and the drums always seem to come through loud and clear so it must be the system, i guess i could of done some transient shaping on the snare for more attack and then multiband compressed it but it all sounded good in my system haha - when i invest in monitors hopefully i should sort out these drum problems

yeah its always your drums you struggle with bro! i like your synth work, its on point, but the drums are just never really there.

you need some better samples imo. try the erbndub pack, some of the vengeance packs can be layered nicely as well. look into parallel compression on your buss channels as well to beef up the sounds.

but nice synth work, cool cool stuff. good luck!

yeh i use the vengance packs but i just leave them standard, never really layer up - ill check out that pack bro, cheers for the feedback!!

Back
Top Bottom