Access - Force of Habit (finished....ish)

Crocodile

Alright guys
Repost to the track I posted the other day. Added some more stuff to it and pretty close to what I want it like. Only problem is its huge to upload if I put it in high bitrate, so 192 will have to do (even though you can hear some pretty annoying little glitches)! Lemme know what you think. Cheers.

http://www.reverbnation.com/accessdnb (track is 'Force of Habit')

Last edited:
The intro was a bit long and blah. I liked the drum work. I like the bass sound but not the actual bassline (if you can call that single enveloped note a bass line)
Maybe I'm not in the mood for this tune right now so ....(sprinkle salt) lol, how did you make somethingh that sounds so well made and polished and yet so boring?! It dragged and yet sounded so nice along the way, maybe I'll have to give it another listen later.
That looks more harsh than it's supposed to be but oh well. That was my impression.

can see what your trying with this

gone for the minimal tip

duno really what to say as its not really my style but drums defo need another layer or two, just subtle high end imo

bass isnt too bad its subby enough

just ageneral clean up an fill out id say

not a bad effort man

I started moving around when the bass kicked in.

I have ZERO clue why anyone is telling you to "turn stuff up".... prod sounds badass to me... solid, chunky, and clear as can be.

LOVE the SD and KD!

Overall, this is kinda plain and basic, but it's hitting very nicely! It's also very much to the point and that's cool.

I'd LOVE to play around with these sounds and make a Progressive & Techy rmx :not_worth

Firstly, cheers for taking a listen and lettin me know what you think, BUT....wow.....serious range of feedback here! haha. The track originally actually had slightly fuller drums, but to be honest I was trying something different here because my drums are usually pretty full so thought I'd try something a bit more minimal. In response to "(if you can call that single enveloped note a bass line)" - I'm not really sure what you mean here.... I know plenty of tracks that have a simple decreasing bassline - do bass lines always have to be complex? Maybe if you elaborate I would understand better. Also, I really wanted to get this out at 320, but the size was just way too big so thats one reason for the high end sounding a bit weak and some of the percussion being blurred slightly. Basically, I was hoping to make something still kickin'...but still basic if you know what I mean haha. Obviously some people's cuppa, but not others! Thanks again though guys.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom