A video will come out soon, Everybody Fly

Discussion in 'New Talent & Track Reviews' started by IV4, Nov 19, 2015.

1. IV4

IV4 Currently a newt.

Hi guys,
    John Miszt is making a videos where he takes someone else's stems and mixes and masters the stems to make a track sound more professional. For me personally it sounds amazing. Just doing a compare and contrast of the two tracks I have learned a lot. I'm sure it was hard work for him because I don't really know all that much about mixing. Anyway here is the John Miszt track, and I will post a link to the original.

https://soundcloud. com/iv4/everybody-flyiv4/s-wa2EN

2. IV4

IV4 Currently a newt.

3. miszt

miszt BASSFACE Royale

luvly track :) enjoyed playing with the mix allot!

was going to suggest loading up my version into your DAW alongside the original project, and see if you can play with your own mix to get closer to the warmth I was going for, if you strip out all your original EQ you could potentially get even more warmth than I added back...coz adding sound back into the mix is allot more difficult once its been taken out

IV4 likes this.
  4. Kyba

Kyba Mew Nember

I loved the intro on this one! The pads and vocals sound great and I like how everything was brought in. I'm not a fan of the kick and snare though, they sound robotic and unnatural to me, whereas everything else is so smooth. I also feel like the bass could be a bit 'deeper/bigger/warmer' to kind of anchor the tune and make you feel like you can swim in it.

IV4 likes this.
  5. xiris

xiris Constantly Learning

hat intro... loving it. wow. great job IV4. Yeah i have the same issue w/ the kick/snare. just too digital for my liking. Everything else in this tune is amazing buddy. great concept here and, amazing execution. All in all i'm loving this one bud!

IV4 likes this.
  6. IV4

IV4 Currently a newt.

I most certainly did. The most important part for me was how you adjusted everything to own their own individual space and how when I played this on a mono system how compatible it ended up being, and you keep the idea of the original track alive. I let other mix/masters services have a go at this and they always change something dramatically in a way did not like. I also learn a lot, about my room and noticed that I have been removing certain frequency areas because they sound much louder in my room. Thanks John I can not wait for the video to come out.

7. IV4

IV4 Currently a newt.

Thanks man, The bass harmonics was not exactly the main focus of this track, believe me I just listen to it on a larger system the other day and you can swim in the bass. It is all about covering the whole frequency spectrum with an interpretation of older trance music.

8. IV4

IV4 Currently a newt.

I agree, I am not to sure the kick and snare are my cup of coffee either, but they were the style I was going for. Do you find that they are bad or do you not like them stylistically?

9. IV4

IV4 Currently a newt.

10. xiris

xiris Constantly Learning

I meant to reply to this but it slipped through the cracks. The snare is white noise & too tin-like? Best way I can verbalize it. Listening to it again, I'm actually alright with the kick, its got a nice punch to it.

side note I just A/Bd this with my remix version and i have some work to put into the mix-down. John's quite good at his job, lol.

11. BattleteK

BattleteK Active Member

I love your Euterpe in AM track it really is something different, i like the snare how it is though. The kick snare pattern is also fresh and with every element that comes in, it stays enjoyable to listen without it becoming boring.

IV4 likes this.