a bit about myself

fastfret

I'm not new here but shamefully never introduced myself lol. My name's Richard im 21, studying a BA in music technology in west London at the moment.

I started listening to dnb at around 15, it was hypes' jungle massive cd and a few brockie and dey sets that really did it for me. Then I got the Andy C dnb arena mixes which still never gets old.

I play bass in 3 bands and do the odd session with Plan B, and am slowly working my way into more and more drum n bass production. The level of production in drum n bass is what really grabs me and imo it gets better and better, i.e. break, perez, spectrasoul, subby, logistics

I like mc's especially uncz and eks but these days I'm only really hitting matter nights, its hard to beat a decent matter night lol

peace

safe ethix I'm not his bassist but I do fill in for his bassist now and then. We did an acoustic version of 'who needs actions when you got words' on E4 music, and acoustic versions of who needs actions, no good and mama on Ras Kwame's radio one show. I'm on the track 'i need love' on adulthood and possibly a couple tracks on the new album that we recorded last year, depends if his label actually wants to release them lol. What do you do?

safe ethix I'm not his bassist but I do fill in for his bassist now and then. We did an acoustic version of 'who needs actions when you got words' on E4 music, and acoustic versions of who needs actions, no good and mama on Ras Kwame's radio one show. I'm on the track 'i need love' on adulthood and possibly a couple tracks on the new album that we recorded last year, depends if his label actually wants to release them lol. What do you do?

thats pretty coool man, you get many royalties from being on the adulthood soundtrack?

sound, seems like you got an interestin life man..am a care worker, look after disabled/handicapped kids .. workin with a family at mo, look after mum as shes a bad diabetes sufferer and blind, and her youngest is disabled. music wise im maily into ukhh, writing my lyrics is what am usually up to, trying to find a decent producer to work with and get my shit out their.

enjoy the forum, take nothing seriously and youll be fine.. waffles usually a laff.

thats pretty coool man, you get many royalties from being on the adulthood soundtrack?

I just had a one off payment for the session, I don't get royalties they'll go to Ben (plan b) because he wrote the parts init. Record labels are completely anal about paying people. It took me 5 months to get paid for the tv session ffs lol

@ ethix respect for helping others I've met a lot of people that find it very rewarding after a while

:thumbsup:

I just had a one off payment for the session, I don't get royalties they'll go to Ben (plan b) because he wrote the parts init. Record labels are completely anal about paying people. It took me 5 months to get paid for the tv session ffs lol

@ ethix respect for helping others I've met a lot of people that find it very rewarding after a while

:thumbsup:

ya man, if ya cant help yourself help someone else, it sort of balances out being a wrongun ya know..

Back
Top Bottom