95-99, 2000-2004, 2005- 2008 or the present ERA

inderjitfarm

VIP Junglist
I would love to know from junglist ravers their views and opinions in order to decide which timescale ERA they believe the music was at its best. I personally rekon it was the late 90s towards the early 21st century where the tunes were darkside wth very limited vocals and all the mcs were wiked in their own way with no stupid noises or sounds on the mic and none of these mc crews which is fuking up sets constantly.

I believe the best era of dnb to be every new day.I love new stuff,new sounds,new technologies... I love how sound of dnb moved forward,the complexity.... I love it to the last hertz. Whats better than beautiful fresh new tune with sound even more advanced than some tune you liked three months before? That kind of tune that makes you think about how futuristic our civilization is at the moment.I remember very clearly times when Noisia - Stigma,Spor - Aztec,Heist - Sleep In Ya Eyes or Camo & Krooked - History Of The Future came out... I was like "WTF?! these guys pushed the limits of dnb even further,this is revolution." so the answer is... my favorite era of drum n bass was 26.5.2010 but when I wake up tomorrow my opinion will change from 26 to 27... it will be like this till I die.

Noisia - Stigma,Spor - Aztec,Heist - or Camo & Krooked - History Of The Future came out... I was like "WTF?! these guys pushed the limits of dnb even further,this is revolution." so the answer is... my favorite era of drum n bass was 26.5.2010 but when I wake up tomorrow my opinion will change from 26 to 27... it will be like this till I die.

I ave 2 admit da likes of Nosia, Technical Itch, Dylan etc has taken the music to a whole new level producing darkside drum n bass which can never grow old

I ave 2 admit da likes of Nosia, Technical Itch, Dylan etc has taken the music to a whole new level producing darkside drum n bass which can never grow old

I love older technical itch and dylan stuff... that doesnt mean new is bad but I think things like Rukus,Baltimore ( technical itch & dylan rmx ),technical itch -critical switch were superior in when it comes to creativity than their new stuff,but I dont say its better,next person may see it entirely differently.

My personal preference is for 90 to 94. The era that gave birth to the jungle scene.

Loved the early tech step suff in the mid to late 90's from Trace, Ed Rush, Optical, Nico, Elementz of Noise,Tech Itch.

Early millenium it was all about Dylan, Loxy, Ink and Facs on Renegade Hardware, Cylon, Biotic and XXX.

I fell out of the scene around 2005, came back a couple years later and got into the really dark stuff.

Well, for me. It's gotta be that 97-00/01 sound.
At the time i was just a littl'n going to primary school who enjoyed the finer arts of Wild wild west by Will Smith.

But when i got into DnB about '06 ish, that was the time when the more common sound we hear today was being used in various tracks and what not.
So, after a bit of scouting about in early '07, i picked up my first older sets. Andy C, Ed Rush, Trace ect..
All playing them bangers, Alien Girl, The Nine, Sonar, Hornet, Hard Noize ect.. I could rattle off a list as big as my arm, but you get what i mean.

It's that whole 'techy' vibe going on with them tracks. You can't beat it imo.

Yeah, i listen to modern stuff, and enjoy it for what it is.
But i will say this. The majority of the stuff on show now, will not be remembered as much as the older stuff. I can not see it happening at all.
I can pick a few gems amongst the generics, but shit's changed so much that'll we'll probably see a whole new genre of DnB branching out and getting a lot more commercial.

We've seen it over the past few years already. Raves are full of people you wouldn't normally associate with 'em (if you'll forgive my bluntness).
Nowt wrong with it at all though. Make your £'s whilst you can.

But i do wish there was a bit more quality control in the scene.
Any man can get a tune released now. The amount of garbage i have to sift through on various MP3 sites is unreal.

I'm not slating the MP3 format. It's here, and will be the death of vinyl soon. This, i can live with and will adjust to.
But as i said, quality control is needed in that part of the industry.

The way i see it is 97-00 was my personal glory years for DnB. Branching off fully from jungle and representing a whole new sound that for me, at 20. Will probably still love off until my ears no longer function.

Back
Top Bottom