1210 mk2 repairs

Apeh

Hi all,

I did have a look in the search section but couldn't find what I was looking for.

Would any of you be able to recommend a repair shop for my 1210? I bought them off a mate (knowing that one of them need the tone-arm replacing, luckily they came with a new 1 thrown in!) on friday with the intention of fixing it myself. Well, I had a go this weekend and although it seems to look the part now it's still got a few bugs. Sound is only coming through 1 channel (I know this could be due to other things like carts etc) but I really don't trust my soldering ability since it's been about 8 years since i've done Tech at school. Also, i'm finding it hard to get the tone arm tight... it feels wrong.. a bit loose and wobbly and I can't seem to get it any tighter!

All I wanted to know is what kind of price i'd be looking at to get this done at a more professional standard before I unscrew 50 thousand screws and unsolder all my hard (but shoddy) work!

any advice would be appreciated! :thumbsup:

Search on google?

Email Panasonic or Technics to find approved repair shops close to you?

Yeah - just thought someone else might have an idea of price before I decide to go down that route.

I'll be lucky to find anywhere local up here though, I have a feeling this could cost more than I paid for the set.

Yeah - just thought someone else might have an idea of price before I decide to go down that route.

I'll be lucky to find anywhere local up here though, I have a feeling this could cost more than I paid for the set.

You not able to buy the part yourself then find instructions online to do it yourself?

Just read your post properly, youve allready done that..........

Back
Top Bottom